radar gun stop

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 3

Re: radar gun stop

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
ron_houston wrote:I was headed north on the Gulf Freeway and took the Edgebrook exit. I was driving my Corvette and I'll admit that I came off the freeway a little fast. And there he stood, at the first side street, a motorcycle cop with his radar gun. He gave me the hand signal to turn into the side street, which I did. I kept both hands on the steering wheel as he walked up to me. When he got to my window I said "officer, I am wearing a concealed handgun". He looked at he and asked where it was. I told him on my right hip, and said would you like to hold it. He asked me where my drivers license was and my registration and insurance. I told him my driver's license was in my left rear pocket and the car papers were in the glovebox. He seemed really calm as I got everything for him. He walked back to his bike and ran my driver's license and it came back clean and dispatch added the details about my CHL.
Now he clearly had me for about 10-15 mph over the speed limit.
But he walked back to me and handed me my papers and license and said "we really appreciate it when we are told about concealed handguns when we first walk up"....then he added "and you do realize that driving a red Corvette gets you noticed by all police officers, so try real hard to go a little slower from now on" he then added "and have a nice day sir"
yep, sometimes all of us have a really good day.
Going from a red one to a yellow one didn't help. I guess I'll try blue next.

Chas.
You should know this. Dark Green is the best color to go as unnoticed as possible. But that lead foot syndrome will get you whenever they are running their radar.
:evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

MONGOOSE
Banned

Post by MONGOOSE »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
ron_houston wrote:I was headed north on the Gulf Freeway and took the Edgebrook exit. I was driving my Corvette and I'll admit that I came off the freeway a little fast. And there he stood, at the first side street, a motorcycle cop with his radar gun. He gave me the hand signal to turn into the side street, which I did. I kept both hands on the steering wheel as he walked up to me. When he got to my window I said "officer, I am wearing a concealed handgun". He looked at he and asked where it was. I told him on my right hip, and said would you like to hold it. He asked me where my drivers license was and my registration and insurance. I told him my driver's license was in my left rear pocket and the car papers were in the glovebox. He seemed really calm as I got everything for him. He walked back to his bike and ran my driver's license and it came back clean and dispatch added the details about my CHL.
But he walked back to me and handed me my papers and license and said "we really appreciate it when we are told about concealed handguns when we first walk up"....then he added "and you do realize that driving a red Corvette gets you noticed by all police officers, so try real hard to go a little slower from now on" he then added "and have a nice day sir"

Chas.
You should know this. Dark Green is the best color to go as unnoticed as possible. But that lead foot syndrome will get you whenever they are running their radar.

Show me your statistics.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

MONGOOSE wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

Show me your statistics.
It is called EXPERIENCE running a radar. :woohoo
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

MONGOOSE
Banned

Post by MONGOOSE »

Anecdotal crap

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MadMonkey »

Jago668 wrote:Friend of mine used to have a burgundy saturn station wagon, and being a mom had a car seat in the back. I think mom + station wagon + car seat is like stealth mode for cops. She blew past a highway patrol gunning people around Ferris (on I45) doing just north of 85mph. He never even blinked. If that is stealth mode, a red corvette is as far opposite as you can get.
I drive a dark gray RX350... almost feel invisible in it around here, which is fine by me.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

FL450
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FL450 »

Stealth technology wrap needed
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Going from a red one to a yellow one didn't help. I guess I'll try blue next.
Chas.
Silver works well.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Yep Station wagon rarely get stopped along with Mini Vans.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”