10 Secrets Cops Know That Most People Don't

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 10 Secrets Cops Know That Most People Don't

Post by jbirds1210 »

KD5NRH wrote:
jbirds1210 wrote:MOST Cops know that the huge majority of people are good and want to be left alone. I've run into very few who choose not to respect those wishes.
Problem is, it only takes one to royally screw things up for a lot of people. All too often, the rest close ranks and protect that one when they should be hanging him out to dry. IMO, that makes them at least partly culpable for anything that one does.
I'll stick with my original statement, most people are good and most Cops know they want to be left alone. I'll not argue with your culpability opinions as there is no excuse for poor ethics.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Great Thread.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

lowdogtx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lowdogtx »

No cell phone cameras in my day . Just cell phones.
I remember my old Sheriff's stories about a roll top desk that was in the office. :txflag:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

lowdogtx,

Do you have specialty license plates that say lowdog?

I saw such on a car some time ago.

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

"7. Most cops don’t know the color of the people they stop before the traffic stop takes place. This is especially true when those people are driving cars with tinted windows at night."

With this in mind - I bought a used car that has all the windows tinted - light tint on the front 2, dark tint on all behind the driver (SUV). I always turn on the dome lights if stopped at night, but in daylight you can't see inside. Should I roll the back windows down (as well as the front) before the officer approaches?
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Rex B wrote:"7. Most cops don’t know the color of the people they stop before the traffic stop takes place. This is especially true when those people are driving cars with tinted windows at night."

With this in mind - I bought a used car that has all the windows tinted - light tint on the front 2, dark tint on all behind the driver (SUV). I always turn on the dome lights if stopped at night, but in daylight you can't see inside. Should I roll the back windows down (as well as the front) before the officer approaches?
I do, but, I strongly believe in karma & I'm trying to generate good karma for both my son & DIL for when they
make traffic stops.

:txflag: :patriot:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Jusme wrote:Yep brings back a lot of memories.
Indeed it does. I'll add this too. COPS are masters of the practical joke.

Chas.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Jusme wrote:Yep brings back a lot of memories.
Indeed it does. I'll add this too. COPS are masters of the practical joke.

Chas.

We definitely had our moments. :biggrinjester:

When I get time I'll post some more funny (at least funny to me) stories in the LEO blooper section.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KD5NRH »

Rex B wrote:With this in mind - I bought a used car that has all the windows tinted - light tint on the front 2, dark tint on all behind the driver (SUV). I always turn on the dome lights if stopped at night, but in daylight you can't see inside. Should I roll the back windows down (as well as the front) before the officer approaches?
Put a cage in and fill the back seat with ping pong balls to the roof first. :mrgreen:

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KD5NRH »

LabRat wrote:6. Most cops wonder why so many members of the community choose to pick up a mobile phone and record them while the officers are rolling in the dirt with an assailant rather than offering to help the officer.
Because too many like Jonathan Aledda are protected by the others. Hang those out to dry and see if the community starts treating the rest a bit better.

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

:iagree: me too
The Wall wrote:11. Most cops should know that most people have total respect for what they do and stand for. Like me for instance. :tiphat:
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”