My poor wife

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My poor wife

Post by SewTexas »

try pointing out the things she could do with your son if she could drive.

I will say though that my MIL never drove. And seemed to get along ok. My husband says it was a hassle sometimes but they learned to deal with it and get rides when they wanted to do something.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

My grandmother didn't drive. As a kid I only heard pieces of the story when my grandfather tried to teach her. The one consistent element of the fragmented story was "right through the fence and into the corn". After my grandfather passed away she in her 80's had to rely on very nice neighbors in a rural area to take her places or shop for her. On a visit to see her she told me one of her brothers said he could teach her to drive. She said he told her; and I quote, "All you have to do is hold the wheel and aim the car in the direction you want to go!". Fortunately that brother never kept his promise and the other 5 never offered.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:My grandmother didn't drive. As a kid I only heard pieces of the story when my grandfather tried to teach her. The one consistent element of the fragmented story was "right through the fence and into the corn". After my grandfather passed away she in her 80's had to rely on very nice neighbors in a rural area to take her places or shop for her. On a visit to see her she told me one of her brothers said he could teach her to drive. She said he told her; and I quote, "All you have to do is hold the wheel and aim the car in the direction you want to go!". Fortunately that brother never kept his promise and the other 5 never offered.
This reminds me of a story about a guy I used to work with. He was from Japan, in his 50s and did not drive.
That's not too unusual in Japan since cars and parking are very expensive and they have very good mass transit.
He was visiting the US once and one weekend I took him around sightseeing on the coast of California.
While we were driving around I asked him whether he ever had a driver license.
He told me that he took lessons once, but had a problem so he never finished or took the test.
Not wanting to be too prying, but still very curious, I asked him "What kind of problem?"
He said "Turning". I managed not to bust out laughing. :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”