I believe, I believe - there are some dumb reporters

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

I believe, I believe - there are some dumb reporters

Post by puma guy »

I guess time will tell if he's the right guy, but according to the author the police are not sure they arrested him, but they believe they did. Where do these people attend journalism classes or even basic writing? Where is the proof reader? Not sure this fits exactly in the category, but I laughed when I read it. Not at the police but the writer. "rlol" "rlol" It's my hometown PD- I'm glad it's not a hometown reporter.
It would make sense if the reporter wrote " Police arrested a man they believe is linked to several armed robberies in Pasadena and Houston." I can believe that!

http://www.click2houston.com/news/suspe ... n-pasadena
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill

Re: I believe, I believe - there are some dumb reporters

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:I guess time will tell if he's the right guy, but according to the author the police are not sure they arrested him, but they believe they did. Where do these people attend journalism classes or even basic writing? Where is the proof reader? Not sure this fits exactly in the category, but I laughed when I read it. Not at the police but the writer. "rlol" "rlol" It's my hometown PD- I'm glad it's not a hometown reporter.
It would make sense if the reporter wrote " Police arrested a man they believe is linked to several armed robberies in Pasadena and Houston." I can believe that!

Didn't you know that news stories are not written by reporters any more?
There is a computer software out there that writes and edits the stories and posts them to the internet.
BTW, I am only half way kidding.
NRA Endowment Member

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

You ought to take a gander at the University Star, Texas State's school news paper. I have never seen more lies come from a news source to push an agenda. No really go look for yourself. I kindly notify them of the malarky they publish almost weekly.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

I only read the headline. How many knives has he stolen?
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

android

Post by android »

puma guy wrote:I guess time will tell if he's the right guy, but according to the author the police are not sure they arrested him, but they believe they did.
I think they're supposed to say they allegedly believe they arrested him. :lol:

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

puma guy wrote:I guess time will tell if he's the right guy, but according to the author the police are not sure they arrested him, but they believe they did. Where do these people attend journalism classes or even basic writing? Where is the proof reader? Not sure this fits exactly in the category, but I laughed when I read it. Not at the police but the writer. "rlol" "rlol" It's my hometown PD- I'm glad it's not a hometown reporter.

How can the police not know if they arrested a man? An arrest is like a pregnancy, either you are arrested or you're not arrested. There is no condition such as "a little arrested".

"rlol"
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

TangoX-ray

Post by TangoX-ray »

OneGun wrote:How can the police not know if they arrested a man? An arrest is like a pregnancy, either you are arrested or you're not arrested. There is no condition such as "a little arrested".

"rlol"
Schrödinger's arrest? :rolll
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

WildBill wrote:

Didn't you know that news stories are not written by reporters any more?
There is a computer software out there that writes and edits the stories and posts them to the internet.
BTW, I am only half way kidding.
I know this is very common with financial news online. Like reports on a company's outlook being updated by analysts, earnings reports or other basic news about companies. Computers put it all together and publish the articles.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

OneGun wrote: How can the police not know if they arrested a man? An arrest is like a pregnancy, either you are arrested or you're not arrested. There is no condition such as "a little arrested".

"rlol"
At the risk of going a bit off topic, I have been confused on whether I was free to leave during an encounter with a LEO before, to the point that I had to ask, so it is possible for there to be some gray area on whether or not you are being detained / arrested.

Countryside
Banned

Post by Countryside »

I think the gest of it is that they suspect he did the crime...but it is sort of funny the way it reads.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”