GUN TATTOO

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Abraham
Posts in topic: 7

Re: GUN TATTOO

Post by Abraham »

TAM,

I had to take a second look as "moob Jewelry" holds no interest for me.

The only puncturing/metal stuck through the hole I find normal is ear rings on girls.

The rest of humanity that puncture themselves wily nily, stick some metal in the new hole, just make me grimace with disgust.

Sadly, I think most who participate in this practice of "bits of metal gone wild" are trying hard to be non-conformist, except when they get together.

Then, the non-conformist is the one with no metal pieces sticking out here and there...what a weirdo.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:TAM,

The only puncturing/metal stuck through the hole I find normal is ear rings on girls.

The rest of humanity that puncture themselves wily nily, stick some metal in the new hole, just make me grimace with disgust.

Sadly, I think most who participate in this practice of "bits of metal gone wild" are trying hard to be non-conformist, except when they get together.

Then, the non-conformist is the one with no metal pieces sticking out here and there...what a weirdo.
Hey, you're preaching to a guy who has no tats or piercings, has stayed that way for 63 years*, and intends to die that way. :mrgreen:

There's always an *...... Here's mine.....

When I was 18, I was enamored if a certain young lass of what you might call "free spirit". I would have done almost anything to get to know her in a more carnal way, and in my case, letting her pierce my ear was the price of entry. Luckily for me, about a week later, my father.....a man who never griped about my long hair or clothing choices at the time.....saw it for the first time and immediately asked me a question. He said, "Tell me son, do you like living here rent free?" To which, I replied in the affirmative. He then said, "take it out now and let it heal closed, and don't ever let me see that thing in your ear again". He was safe in being that specific as to anatomy, because there isn't enough beer in the world to entice me into piercing any other part of me.

(......EDITED TO CORRECT TWO TYPOS..... TAM)
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

When a teenager, I pierced my buddy's ear. Before he could return the favor, my dad saw 98the earring in his ear. When my buddy left to go home my dad leaned over to me and quietly, but sternly, said, "son, if you come home with one of those you better be wearing a dress and carrying. a purse."

I haven't considered a piercing or tat since.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

PhilBob
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PhilBob »

My youngest brother in his High School days used to wear one of our Mother's clip on earrings because he was fearful of actually getting his ear pierced. Back in those days, I don't know if it is the same today, an earring in one ear meant you were gay and in the other it meant you were straight. We accused him of wearing a clip on not because of the fear of piercing but because that way he could switch ears once he left the house! :)

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Leviticus 19:28: “You shall not etch a tattoo on yourselves.”

The human body is G‑d’s creation, and it is therefore unbefitting to mutilate G‑d’s handiwork.

In ancient times, it was customary for idol-worshippers to tattoo themselves as a sign of commitment to their deity—much like an animal that is branded by its owner. :eek6
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Abraham wrote:TAM,

Hey, you're preaching to a guy who has no tats or piercings, has stayed that way for 63 years*, and intends to die that way. :mrgreen:

There's always an *...... Here's mine.....

When I was 18, I was enamored if a certain young lass if what you might call "free spirit". I would have done almost anything to get to know her in a more carnal way, and in my case, letting her pierce my ear was the price of entry. Luckily for me, about a week later, my father.....a man who never griped about my long hair or clothing choices at the time.....saw it for the first time and immediately asked me a question. He said, "Tell me son, do you like living here rent free?" To which, I replied in the affirmative. He then said, "take it out now and let it heal closed, and don't ever let me see that thing in your ear again". He was safe in being that specific as to anatomy, because there isn't enough beer in the world to entice me into pearling any other part of me.
Abraham, TAM and I grew up in a different era.
I never even THOUGHT about getting a piercing or tattoo.
Back then it seemed that the only people who had them were sailors and guys in biker gangs.
The only woman I knew with a tattoo was a friend's mother who had gotten it in a Nazi concentration camp.

Years later, I dated a woman for a short time. One night she took me to meet her parents.
The next day she told me that her parents really liked me a lot.
I was kind of proud and impressed until she added "you're the only guy I ever brought home who didn't have tattoos. :lol:
NRA Endowment Member

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Leviticus 19:28: “You shall not etch a tattoo on yourselves.”

The human body is G‑d’s creation, and it is therefore unbefitting to mutilate G‑d’s handiwork.

In ancient times, it was customary for idol-worshippers to tattoo themselves as a sign of commitment to their deity—much like an animal that is branded by its owner. :eek6

"And a cutting for the soul ye do not put in your flesh; and a writing, a cross-mark, ye do not put on you; I [am] Jehovah"

Young's literal translation adds more specific information? But, I think more important, this was part of the law. Meant for Jews and nailed to the cross. I see nowhere that it was resurrected.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Abraham
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Abraham »

Piling on tattoos and punctured skin with a variety of cool things stuck in the holes like big safety pins, bolts, odds bit of this and that metal really work to convey what a super cool person you are.

Hey, even if you're a dull, pasty skin, plain ole ordinary white person working at Dairy Queen, you can automatically assume cool person status if you get wildly tatted, punctured, hung with metal gadgets and let's not forget your ears with stuff engorged so big in them it's referred to as gauges. Man oh man, you are so cool.

Now, if you do all these things, no matter how talentless, or boring you are, you ARE cool. Remember that!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Abraham wrote:Piling on tattoos and punctured skin with a variety of cool things stuck in the holes like big safety pins, bolts, odds bit of this and that metal really work to convey what a super cool person you are.

Hey, even if you're a dull, pasty skin, plain ole ordinary white person working at Dairy Queen, you can automatically assume cool person status if you get wildly tatted, punctured, hung with metal gadgets and let's not forget your ears with stuff engorged so big in them it's referred to as gauges. Man oh man, you are so cool.

Now, if you do all these things, no matter how talentless, or boring you are, you ARE cool. Remember that!
There are plenty of ways to be cool - let your hair grow long, dye your hair, shave off your hair, wear cool makeup, wear cool clothes, listen to cool music,
watch cool movies, hang out in cool places, talk to cool people, eat cool food and drink cool beverages.

The difference is that all of these "cool" things are totally reversible. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

WildBill wrote:
Abraham wrote:Piling on tattoos and punctured skin with a variety of cool things stuck in the holes like big safety pins, bolts, odds bit of this and that metal really work to convey what a super cool person you are.

There are plenty of ways to be cool - let your hair grow long, dye your hair, shave off your hair, wear cool makeup, wear cool clothes, listen to cool music,
watch cool movies, hang out in cool places, talk to cool people, eat cool food and drink cool beverages.

The difference is that all of these "cool" things are totally reversible. :tiphat:
I've never been "cool" I guess never wanted any extra holes in my body that I wasn't born with, and never saw a picture or piece of art I wanted forever. To each their own but my body alterations include my hair falling out, my skin obviously succumbing to gravity more than the rest of my body, and bunions and hammer toes forever changing the way my feet look in flip flops.

:biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

usurp31

Post by usurp31 »

PBratton wrote:I'll bet that tattoo was originally a sub-compact before he added the lbs...
Ha ha, I'm guilty of that too. Age always catches up!

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 5

Post by LAYGO »

The non-conformist in me makes me want to call ya'll some ol fuddy duddies as I adjust earrings in both of my ears with my tattoos on arms/legs/back.

To me it's always funny how those of strong religious faith are quick to point out "only God can judge me", but are always quick to judge others. Hey, who said hypocrisy is only a one way street?!
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 5

Post by LAYGO »

Back in the day, my Father used to always say "do you think you were the first ones to (fill in the blank)?" as I pierced my own ear, shaved my head, grew my hair long, or whatever.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Topbuilder wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Leviticus 19:28: “You shall not etch a tattoo on yourselves.”

"And a cutting for the soul ye do not put in your flesh; and a writing, a cross-mark, ye do not put on you; I [am] Jehovah"

Young's literal translation adds more specific information? But, I think more important, this was part of the law. Meant for Jews and nailed to the cross. I see nowhere that it was resurrected.
:iagree: I don't have any tattoos, but don't believe the Old Testament restrictions on the Jewish people applies to me as a Christ follower.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Funny story.

My 13-14 yr old son asked if he could pierce his ear. I told him sure, but since I was worried about the dangers of letting someone else do it, he would have to let me do it. He lit up with a big grin.

I told him to get a hammer and a finishing nail - be sure its a finishing nail cuz I just cant imagine the tissue damage that a big ole 16d would do....And While youre at it get a 2X4 block. What we will do is lay you on your back on the floor, and put the block under your ear lobe ....then I will whack the nail real hard so the pain wont be so bad...oh yeah, dont forget we will need a towel to catch all the blood! I then said, man, hmmmm, its gonna be tough trying to pull the nail out of the wood...:anamatedbanana
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”