LEO Encounter

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LEO Encounter

Post by WildBill »

JALLEN wrote:
BCGlocker wrote:Perhaps I am just used to have all these documents together and thought he needed all of them. I know he did take the registration along with DL, CHL and insurance doc back to his car.
You handing him all these papers reminds me of when my French brother-in-law was visiting us some years back, and he drove one of our cars into Coronado one afternoon. He must have rolled through or missed a stop or something and was pulled over. He had no idea what the officer was asking, what papers were to be handed over or where they were, so he gave him every scrap of paper in the car, little by little, very cooperatively, enthusiastically, agreeably, politely, ahh, oui! His passport, the owners manual for the car, the nav system, maybe an old Costco receipt, maybe eventually even the registration and insurance which I kept in a small black folder in the glove box. It must have been hilarious, since neither had a very good idea what the other was saying. It must have been the end of the shift, and the officer must have realized he was beating on a dead dog or something, the ends of justice had been served, and b-i-l was sent on his way, uncited. I have always wished there could have been dash cam or vest cam video of that for You-tube.
This still has potential as a very funny scene in a movie. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

JALLEN wrote:
BCGlocker wrote:Perhaps I am just used to have all these documents together and thought he needed all of them. I know he did take the registration along with DL, CHL and insurance doc back to his car.
You handing him all these papers reminds me of when my French brother-in-law was visiting us some years back, and he drove one of our cars into Coronado one afternoon. He must have rolled through or missed a stop or something and was pulled over. He had no idea what the officer was asking, what papers were to be handed over or where they were, so he gave him every scrap of paper in the car, little by little, very cooperatively, enthusiastically, agreeably, politely, ahh, oui! His passport, the owners manual for the car, the nav system, maybe an old Costco receipt, maybe eventually even the registration and insurance which I kept in a small black folder in the glove box. It must have been hilarious, since neither had a very good idea what the other was saying. It must have been the end of the shift, and the officer must have realized he was beating on a dead dog or something, the ends of justice had been served, and b-i-l was sent on his way, uncited. I have always wished there could have been dash cam or vest cam video of that for You-tube.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha! "rlol" :smilelol5: Oh...my.....gosh! That was sooooo funny! In my minds eye, I could see every second that passed during that traffic stop. Good story JALLEN. Thanks for sharing.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scott B. »

In the mid-70s our family was living overseas. We'd come back stateside for vacation. My dad, who has always had a lead foot, got pulled over outside Oklahoma City by a state trooper. This was very entertaining to me and my sister, but not so much to our mother.

Trooper walked up and exchanged the usual pleasantries. My dad handed over his international driver's license (big piece of folded paper with some stamps on it as I recall). Trooper looked at it, looked at my dad, turned it over a couple of times, muttered something about paperwork, shoved it back into my dad's hands and sent us on our way. :biggrinjester:
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”