Purchasing a handgun.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Countryside
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Purchasing a handgun.

Post by Countryside »

My local gunshop would just laugh and ask what color I wanted.

Dave09

Post by Dave09 »

Mel wrote:Go into a gunstore, purchase a handgun, purchase ammunition, then ask if they sell ski masks.
You forgot to ask if they sell duct tape to....

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Mel wrote:Go into a gunstore, purchase a handgun, purchase ammunition, then ask if they sell ski masks.
So, you were watching the rerun of Johnny Carson last night with George Carlin on, where that was one of Carlin's jokes? :lol:
A few years back I purchased the complete DVD set of the Tonight Shows with Johnny Carson. I then ripped them all into my iTunes Library so we can watch them anytime. :)
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Dave09 wrote:
You forgot to ask if they sell duct tape to....
A few years ago during a cool day I was on my motorcycle and had a neoprene mask on to help block the cold wind. I stopped for fuel and while fueling, I thought I would get a small coffee to warm up a little. I walked into the store to get my coffee, walked up to the counter to pay, reached back for my wallet and the clerk put his hands up and started saying don't shoot, take the money. It was then I realized I still had the mask on. I quickly pulled the mask off and assured him I wasnt there to rob him, paid for my coffee and went outside to my bike. As I was putting the pump handle back in place and waiting on my receipt, in comes a police car rather quickly but no lights and sirens. I knew what it was and as the LEO got out of his car I said I bet you are here because of me. He looked at me strange and walked in the store. He then came out and walked to me. He said I should probably start taking my mask off before entering a store. I explained I had just ridden about 300 miles and totally forgot I had it on. We both got a good laugh
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Steve

Post by Steve »

RPBrown wrote:A few years ago during a cool day I was on my motorcycle and had a neoprene mask on to help block the cold wind. I stopped for fuel and while fueling, I thought I would get a small coffee to warm up a little. I walked into the store to get my coffee, walked up to the counter to pay, reached back for my wallet and the clerk put his hands up and started saying don't shoot, take the money. It was then I realized I still had the mask on. I quickly pulled the mask off and assured him I wasnt there to rob him, paid for my coffee and went outside to my bike. As I was putting the pump handle back in place and waiting on my receipt, in comes a police car rather quickly but no lights and sirens. I knew what it was and as the LEO got out of his car I said I bet you are here because of me. He looked at me strange and walked in the store. He then came out and walked to me. He said I should probably start taking my mask off before entering a store. I explained I had just ridden about 300 miles and totally forgot I had it on. We both got a good laugh
You probably gave that guy the scare of his life!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

koine2002 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zu1Vzf ... arcieWolfe

One of my favorite videos.
"rlol"
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

Name that series/scene! ;)

S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”