Fender bender

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Javier730
Posts in topic: 1

Fender bender

Post by Javier730 »

So I got into a fender bender this afternoon here in San Antonio. I got hit on my rear bumper and received only scuff marks that rubbed off with my finger (built Ford tough ;-) ) but pt cruiser was not as durable unfortunately.

An SAPD officer came out and asked for our license and insurance. I handed over over my license, chl and insurance. He asked us how it happened then signaled me to walk around my truck with him. He asked, "Do you have it on you?" I replied "yes sir." The officer instructed me to wait in my truck as he filled out his report. He came back and and gave us each others information, which we had already done, and send us on our way.

Great job SAPD. :thumbs2:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Flightmare

Re: Fender bender

Post by Flightmare »

That's how things should be. I love it! :tiphat:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

SecurityGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SecurityGeek »

I had a similar interaction with a SAPD officer recently. I was in a two-car accident and called 911. I gave the officer my ID and CHL and told him I was armed. His response was a shrug and he said "As long as I don't see it (my pistol), we're good". They seem to be training them well in SA.
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"
- S. Paige

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

SecurityGeek wrote:I had a similar interaction with a SAPD officer recently. I was in a two-car accident and called 911. I gave the officer my ID and CHL and told him I was armed. His response was a shrug and he said "As long as I don't see it (my pistol), we're good". They seem to be training them well in SA.
Interesting response. I wonder if he knows that OC is legal now.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

C-dub wrote:
SecurityGeek wrote:I had a similar interaction with a SAPD officer recently. I was in a two-car accident and called 911. I gave the officer my ID and CHL and told him I was armed. His response was a shrug and he said "As long as I don't see it (my pistol), we're good". They seem to be training them well in SA.
If I am outside of my vehicle, the officer will be hard pressed to miss my EDC.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I've has several encounters with LEO while OC. No one has ever done more than give it a second glance. Spoke for a while with one about guns, holsters etc. Even encountered one Texas Ranger. He knew that his rig looked a lot better than mine, so he didn't need to say anything. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Jusme wrote:I've has several encounters with LEO while OC. No one has ever done more than give it a second glance. Spoke for a while with one about guns, holsters etc. Even encountered one Texas Ranger. He knew that his rig looked a lot better than mine, so he didn't need to say anything. :mrgreen:

I think he was profiling your guns and holster! That's politically incorrect! :lol::

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

cmgee67 wrote:
Jusme wrote:I've has several encounters with LEO while OC. No one has ever done more than give it a second glance. Spoke for a while with one about guns, holsters etc. Even encountered one Texas Ranger. He knew that his rig looked a lot better than mine, so he didn't need to say anything. :mrgreen:

I think he was profiling your guns and holster! That's politically incorrect! :lol::

He was about 6'-6", with a real nice engraved 1911, in a real fancy holster. I didn't complain about being profiled. :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I've seen a couple rangers with rigs like that. I have to admit I felt like my gun was a pinto and he had a Corvette

SecurityGeek

Post by SecurityGeek »

C-dub wrote:
His point was, as long as I kept it in the holster, all was good.
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"
- S. Paige

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”