1st LEO contact with LTC

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

1st LEO contact with LTC

Post by bblhd672 »

Had the unfortunate experience of being rear ended on the way home yesterday. The other drive pleaded with me not to call police, and when I did he got back in car and took off. I wasn't able to get a picture of the license plate or give an accurate description of the car.

Once the two officers from Arlington PD arrived, I handed over my DL, LTC, registration and insurance. They ran my license, gave me everything back and asked me what happened. They never asked if I was carrying a weapon.

Extremely polite gentlemen and apologetic that the accident occurred.

Positive experience - at least the part of interacting with the LEO's.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TresHuevos
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 1st LEO contact with LTC

Post by TresHuevos »

Sorry that happened to you. I carry an "accident check list" on my visor for just such an occasion. First thing on there is the other party's information. you may want to consider getting a dashcam. I bought one but it's only front facing and they do make others that will record front and back. Hope your car/truck gets back to normal.
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

What is your registration?

I was stopped a few weeks ago, and all I had was DL and LTC. The officer looked at them, said "thanks for showing me this," and handed the LTC back. The insurance card was in the glove box. I asked if he wanted insurance, he said he already had it.

I think he scanned the window sticker.

He asked if I had any recent tickets. I said let me think about that, and after a bit, recalled that the last time I got a ticket in Texas was 1961 or 62, something like that.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

JALLEN wrote:What is your registration?

I was stopped a few weeks ago, and all I had was DL and LTC. The officer looked at them, said "thanks for showing me this," and handed the LTC back. The insurance card was in the glove box. I asked if he wanted insurance, he said he already had it.

I think he scanned the window sticker.

He asked if I had any recent tickets. I said let me think about that, and after a bit, recalled that the last time I got a ticket in Texas was 1961 or 62, something like that.

They can check insurance info through you LP now. Sometimes there is a glitch where they can't pull it up and they may ask to see it, but otherwise they usually don't need it.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

JALLEN wrote:What is your registration?
Well, he handed it back to me immediately and only took the DL/LTC/Insurance with him. My first ever interaction with any police in Texas so I didn't know if he needed it or not. It's basically the renewal receipt for the window sticker.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

cyphur
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphur »

I was in a significant wreck on SB 360 about 15 months ago. Included response from Grand Prairie and Arlington PD, with Arlington emergency responders (Fire/Rescue). I was on my way down to a rental property I owned at the time so I was set up for open carry. Law had not been passed yet. As soon as officer arrived, I was still VERY disoriented. I stood there about 7 yards from him with hands in the air and let him know I had a firearm on me. It was pretty obvious because I had an athletic-fit quick dry mesh shirt on and was carrying in a paddle holster. Shirt barely covered the top of the slide.

It all went really well until they loaded me in the ambulance and I had to remind everyone of the pistol on my hip. Apparently being in a "bus" with a pistol is a big no-no, Arl PD was about to grab it off my hip, but I politely asked if I could hand it to him, still holstered. He agreed and everything went smoothly.

Of course, he forgot to give me my holster back to me before he drove off and arrested someone else. He later met me in Grand Prairie at the house in question and delivered it to me. I thought that was very gracious of him.

Every time I've encountered PD with a firearm, it has gone smoothly and very politely. Only exception was Balch Springs, but that cop had some other issues going on. The entire town does.

cyphur
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphur »

JALLEN wrote: I asked if he wanted insurance, he said he already had it.
Insurance is tied to plates/DL now, so they can check that in the system.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I meant to put in my original post that I expressed to the two officers how much I appreciated them and that there were many good people who had their backs. They said they appreciated and that they were receiving a great deal of support and appreciation from the community.

bigity

Post by bigity »

I still have two stickers but I'm due in August. Can't be that many of us left yet :)
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”