Another APD non event contact

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 9

Another APD non event contact

Post by E.Marquez »

2 weeks ago my truck and all my gear was stolen from an Austin Hotel.. Yesterday I got it back :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry:

But I had to go back up to austin to make a second report about the stolen property as the other report was being fast tracked for reasons I'll go into in a second.
The officer that arrived at the impound yard to take the report was an older gent, clearly been doing this awhile. He asked for ID after getting to understand what and why he was called, I handed it to him and then my LTC "Sir you asked for ID , so you get to see this one as well" One glance was all it got, and I got an "OK, thanks"
That was it, the gun was a total non issue to him, completely.
I was carrying a 4" XD .45 IWB in a supertuck with a lightweight poly/cotton nit work shirt on...so the pistol grip did print slightly.... It is likley he noticed that on the way into the building.

This offcier was the one that was involved in recovering the vehicle on Wed and did he have a story to tell.....
For 11 days my truck was used to store, transport and deal major weight meth, weed and assorted other drugs
Thief was arrested by APD organized crime on domestic terrorism charges as well as Felon in possession of a weapon (he had an SKS with him) drug charges and something about threats to shoot up a court house

Truck Damage is pretty minor
Right front light broke.
Busted door and ignition lock
Tailgate dented up.

Only piece of property recovered was one dog leash a bag of sunflower seeds and a BN125 front fender. :biggrinjester:
Responding officer had jokes.... Said I could claim the other items found in the truck if I wanted .....the drugs and SKS
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another APD non event contact

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Glad to hear it was recovered and hopefully the damage that you saw is all there is. I would want to have it completely cleaned and disinfected!

We travel to Austin and Hill Country this weekend. Also travel to COTA a few times a year to watch F1 and LeMans. May I ask you what hotel you were staying at please?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

I wonder how many drug dogs will get a hit on your truck now and will insurance cover a sanitizing of it.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Glad to hear it was recovered and hopefully the damage that you saw is all there is. I would want to have it completely cleaned and disinfected!

We travel to Austin and Hill Country this weekend. Also travel to COTA a few times a year to watch F1 and LeMans. May I ask you what hotel you were staying at please?
Holiday Inn, North I35

And ahh, NEVER again.

Hotel is getting remodeled and I looked forward to staying there each month when i come up and stay for the weekend to teach class.. but no more.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

suthdj wrote:I wonder how many drug dogs will get a hit on your truck now and will insurance cover a sanitizing of it.
And therein is the issue .. A the suspicion of a hit, and worse, what if there ARE drugs still in the vehicle?

Yes it will be a seat out, deep cleaning done.... I have asked USAA if they will cover it since it is only needed do to the theft and it was recommended by the officer.. We will see, no response to that request yet.

There is an associated story... :biggrinjester: Some years back I was going through TSA security and my carry on bag had a "Hit" .. I was pulled aside and had three agents watching over me as they searched the bag.. "Sir is there any reason your bag would test positive for explosives?"

ME: "Why yes sir there is, 48 hours ago it had explosives in it, C4, Det cord, blasting caps.. Several primed charges and a few ready to be made hot"

Now understand.. Im IN UNIFORM, carrying a US Army issues Assault bag, I presented my MIL ID to get through the line and Im coming from a flight that originated in Afghanistan ....
TSA: "ok, but ahh do you have any prohibited items in the bag now, fluid over 3oz, knife, gun, aerosols?"
:headscratch

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

E.Marquez wrote:
suthdj wrote:I wonder how many drug dogs will get a hit on your truck now and will insurance cover a sanitizing of it.
And therein is the issue .. A the suspicion of a hit, and worse, what if there ARE drugs still in the vehicle?

Yes it will be a seat out, deep cleaning done.... I have asked USAA if they will cover it since it is only needed do to the theft and it was recommended by the officer.. We will see, no response to that request yet.

There is an associated story... :biggrinjester: Some years back I was going through TSA security and my carry on bag had a "Hit" .. I was pulled aside and had three agents watching over me as they searched the bag.. "Sir is there any reason your bag would test positive for explosives?"

ME: "Why yes sir there is, 48 hours ago it had explosives in it, C4, Det cord, blasting caps.. Several primed charges and a few ready to be made hot"

Now understand.. Im IN UNIFORM, carrying a US Army issues Assault bag, I presented my MIL ID to get through the line and Im coming from a flight that originated in Afghanistan ....
TSA: "ok, but ahh do you have any prohibited items in the bag now, fluid over 3oz, knife, gun, aerosols?"
I would get it sanitized even if you have to pay out of pocket. As noted above, left over drugs might be an issue. It sounds like they were transporting, not smuggling, but you never know. Another concern would be legitimate items found after a search. What some could consider large amounts of guns and ammo, maybe even a few "scary black weapons of death", possibly along with some cash. Bad things could happen if you are dealing with the wrong LEO.

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

E.Marquez wrote:

"rlol" "rlol"
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

E.Marquez wrote:

That sounds about right for the Totally Stupid Agency. :banghead:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

E.Marquez wrote:Responding officer had jokes.... Said I could claim the other items found in the truck if I wanted .....the drugs and SKS
Well, I hope you took up his offer on the free SKS! :mrgreen:
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

mr1337 wrote:
E.Marquez wrote:Responding officer had jokes.... Said I could claim the other items found in the truck if I wanted .....the drugs and SKS
Serial number had been removed :grumble
That would have been a free Federal offense for the claiming.. Did I mention officer had jokes? He knew that i knew, claiming the SKS was not a bright idea.
Though for some reason the guy caught did not claim it as his either :mrgreen:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

E.Marquez wrote:
mr1337 wrote:
Serial number had been removed :grumble
That would have been a free Federal offense for the claiming.. Did I mention officer had jokes? He knew that i knew, claiming the SKS was not a bright idea.
Though for some reason the guy caught did not claim it as his either :mrgreen:

Yeah everyone I ever caught with drugs or other contraband made the same claim, that it didn't belong to them. Even in pockets, shoved down in underwear etc.
I agree a thorough clean/ detailing should be done even if it hits your wallet. Glad you got your truck back and with only minor damage, that's not usually the case.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TexasFlash

Post by TexasFlash »

Good news!
Dave :txflag:

rentz

Post by rentz »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Glad to hear it was recovered and hopefully the damage that you saw is all there is. I would want to have it completely cleaned and disinfected!

I've been itching to get to COTA, this may be the last chance to see F1 there too. Last year i decided last minute to check into going to the race and the hotels cost a small fortune so i was stuck with the TV.

OP glad they found the truck with minimal damage, you are very fortunate it was recovered.

A-R

Post by A-R »

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Yup, thats my truck he wanted to sell him........Umm NOPE, its mine and and I have it back......
Nice find A-R, thanks

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”