Another APD non event contact

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another APD non event contact

Post by The Annoyed Man »

E.Marquez wrote:Only piece of property recovered was one dog leash a bag of sunflower seeds and a BN125 front fender. :biggrinjester:
Responding officer had jokes.... Said I could claim the other items found in the truck if I wanted .....the drugs and SKS
Imatellyahwhat........ I'd toss those sunflower seeds. Who knows that they might have added to the bag? :lol:

Sure glad you got your truck and the leash back. The seeds? Meh. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 9

Post by E.Marquez »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
E.Marquez wrote:Only piece of property recovered was one dog leash a bag of sunflower seeds and a BN125 front fender. :biggrinjester:
Responding officer had jokes.... Said I could claim the other items found in the truck if I wanted .....the drugs and SKS
Imatellyahwhat........ I'd toss those sunflower seeds. Who knows that they might have added to the bag? :lol:

Sure glad you got your truck and the leash back. The seeds? Meh. :mrgreen:
Went to the body shop and cleaned out the truck.... about half way though I got to glove box and pulled items out that included several sets of 9mil black Nitrile barrier gloves ...and I thought, well heck,,, would have been smart to put those on BEFORE touching the entire area drugs were stashed..... :totap:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

:thumbs2: Thanks for the post and link. Pretty scary guy.
NRA Endowment Member

Velocity

Post by Velocity »

WildBill wrote:
From the article:

"Upon searching the vehicle, officers found a black SKS-type rifle containing 18 rounds of ammunition, 0.66 grams of methamphetamines, 3.03 grams of cocaine and 4.3 oz of marijuana."

Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad the guy got caught, but I sure hope that if the truck was used for "heavy transport" of drugs, it was more than what was mentioned above. I'm no illegal drug expert, but I'd think that volume of drugs is no more "heavy transport" than the SKS and 18 rounds is an "arsenal". :lol:

Again, not condoning drug use of any type, I just found the volumes mentioned...interesting.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Anyone surprised they didn't also charge him for having a rifle with the serial number filed off?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

"0.66 grams of methamphetamines, 3.03 grams of cocaine and 4.3 oz of marijuana." Sounds like me needs a new scale!!! :lol::

Glad you got your truck back!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

RedRaiderCHL

Post by RedRaiderCHL »

suthdj wrote:I wonder how many drug dogs will get a hit on your truck now and will insurance cover a sanitizing of it.

All of them. lol "rlol"
Know guns, know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

sbrawley wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Anyone surprised they didn't also charge him for having a rifle with the serial number filed off?
No, the feds have determined that his actions weren't criminal but just careless :biggrinjester:

No intent to break the law, huh? :lol:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Velocity wrote:
WildBill wrote:
From the article:

"Upon searching the vehicle, officers found a black SKS-type rifle containing 18 rounds of ammunition, 0.66 grams of methamphetamines, 3.03 grams of cocaine and 4.3 oz of marijuana."

Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad the guy got caught, but I sure hope that if the truck was used for "heavy transport" of drugs, it was more than what was mentioned above. I'm no illegal drug expert, but I'd think that volume of drugs is no more "heavy transport" than the SKS and 18 rounds is an "arsenal". :lol:

Again, not condoning drug use of any type, I just found the volumes mentioned...interesting.
I thought the same thing when I read the article..
So either the office that told me the story was embellishing, the media got it wrong :totap: or as I was led to believe, caught with does not equal doing with the truck.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

"Wesos". "rlol"

It's huesos. It means "bones". A nickname for skinny people.

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

How do they get the scent of drugs out of the truck? Maybe an ozone generator? Tons of Lysol?
TSRA Life Memeber

ELB

Post by ELB »

I just now figured out what a "BN125 front fender" is. I hope you didn't lose the rest of the bike?

Also I can understand why you wouldn't want to go back to that motel, but any motel right on I-35 or any other interstate is going to be higher risk for stuff like this.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

ELB wrote:I just now figured out what a "BN125 front fender" is. I hope you didn't lose the rest of the bike?

Also I can understand why you wouldn't want to go back to that motel, but any motel right on I-35 or any other interstate is going to be higher risk for stuff like this.
:thumbs2:
Luckily not the whole bike.. I had picked up some spare parts from our storage container.. So no huge loss.

Yes any motel is a risk above being parked at my house, no doubt.
I'll pick a place from now on with WORKING security cameras, a new alarm system is being installed next week once back from the repair shop. And I'll park it when possible that precludes hostile towing with ease.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”