Denton Co Sheriff Deputy Mundo

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Denton Co Sheriff Deputy Mundo

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

treadlightly wrote:I'm so far from perfect (ask my wife) it hurts, so please don't take this as preachy.

Consider driving the speed limit. 100 miles at 80 MPH saves 11 minutes over the same trip at 70 MPH. To me, 11 minutes more to think and ponder is like money in the bank.

Also, it's not just whether or not you are safely in control of your vehicle, it's what the other guy is going to expect of you.

Yeah, yeah, you think I drive like a little old lady, but I've got a wild side, too. Got a speeding ticket back in the 70's, and then a second one about five years ago. I'm looking forward to my third ticket. I'd like to live that long. :biggrinjester:
:thumbs2:

Got my first one in 1969(80/55(Night limit in Oklahoma at the time)). Got my second one in 1997(85/70). Likely that I won''t get another.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Denton Co Sheriff Deputy Mundo

Post by n5wd »

We seem to be blessed, here in Denton County, with a bunch of ladies and gentlemen who are working for the Sherrif's Office. We've had Deputies as School Resource Officers, (SRO's) at the school where I teach, off and on for the last 15 years. Unfortunately, the outgoing Sherrif cancelled the SRO contract with our school district as one of his decisions (after the school year begins).

We've had the road patrol folks out to our place five or six times in the last couple of years - once when my son found the front door wide open after being sure that it had been closed when he and the family left for dinner... the other times we had the SO out for some trespassers (some of whom were shooting on our property), and I've come into contact with one after a stop to discuss the no passing lane rules with me late one night (and that one resulted in a warning instead of a ticket).

One deputy told me that, as a whole, they've been encouraged to write warning tickets any time they possibly can, as long as the circumstance permit. Sounds like a good policy for a rural/suburban/urban department like Denton SO.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”