Austin Wild West?

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Austin Wild West?

Post by WTR »

Just saw a news report that firearms found in carry on luggage by TSA is up across the nation. They gave examples of seven found at El Paso airport so far this year as compared to 7 all last year. San Antonio..30. Austin...38. Who would have thunk it from liberal Austin?

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Austin Wild West?

Post by WTR »

They did not compare passenger counts for each city, neither did they give last years numbers for San Antonio or Austin. I think Travel to Austin due it being the capital and home of TU might skew the figures.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

I think that a lot of guns have gone undetected in the past. so they have increased their scrutiny. Several TSA screenings have shown that they miss a lot of things and have been feeling the heat, from Homeland Security. The numbers are skewed, but I believe it is because they have been lax, and so they only "found" seven guns last year, so with the increased, vigilance their numbers have increased. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

allisji

Post by allisji »

Jusme wrote:I think that a lot of guns have gone undetected in the past. so they have increased their scrutiny. Several TSA screenings have shown that they miss a lot of things and have been feeling the heat, from Homeland Security. The numbers are skewed, but I believe it is because they have been lax, and so they only "found" seven guns last year, so with the increased, vigilance their numbers have increased. JMHO
I'd be surprised if they miss a lot of prohibited items in carry on baggage. It seems like they are always searching people bags in the security lines. I know that it's been hard for us to get through the line with baby bottles of milk and formula.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

george72

Post by george72 »

allisji wrote: I'd be surprised if they miss a lot of prohibited items in carry on baggage. It seems like they are always searching people bags in the security lines. I know that it's been hard for us to get through the line with baby bottles of milk and formula.
From 2015, but see: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/inv ... gh-n367851
Homeland Security agents posing as passengers were able get weapons past TSA agents in 67 out of 70 tests — a 95 percent failure rate, according to agency officials.
etc.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I think the key part here might be that most people aren't trying to sneak anything on board and have either forgotten the item was in the baggage or didn't know it was prohibited. Those testing the system might have been intentionally trying to sneak something past the screeners and it looks they were quite successful. Kinda scary to think about if when there are so many bad people that intend us harm.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”