Brazilian Special Forces firing on moving truck (longer vid)

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
LAYGO
Posts in topic: 1

Brazilian Special Forces firing on moving truck (longer vid)

Post by LAYGO »

I believe this has been posted here before, but I had never seen the "results" until I saw this video. Warning, lots of blood on perp's leg & in cab of the truck. You even see where the vehicle was hit all over!

S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

TreyHouston

Re: Brazilian Special Forces firing on moving truck (longer vid)

Post by TreyHouston »

Wow! Thats a really good shot froma helicopter!!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

TreyHouston wrote:Wow! Thats a really good shot froma helicopter!!!
That's also a lot of misses, while the perp is driving through a populated area. There were bullet strikes on the top of and near the leading edge of the hood, which obviously came out the front and must have ricocheted off of the ground somewhere. Yeah, it was hard shooting, but it was also ridiculously irresponsible shooting. Believe me.....on the day you see American police trying to bag a fleeing felon that way in a populated area, you'll be witnessing the first shots fired in a civil war. There was a police car in pursuit in the video. Why weren't they using more than one car, coordinating their actions by radio to throw up a road block? Why no puncture strips? All of that stuff costs a darn sight less than keeping a helicopter in the air, let alone the costs associated with negligently shooting an innocent person.

That police special tactics unit in Brazil has a reputation for stopping the spread of gang crime in the barrios, but they also have a reputation for police brutality against poor people who just happen to get caught in the crossfire of their tactics.

I'm not that impressed by them. Using the helicopter that way is a dandy but unnecessarily dangerous piece of theater. It's easy to be a cowboy in a country where even the police do not respect the rule of law.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:Wow! Thats a really good shot froma helicopter!!!
That's also a lot of misses, while the perp is driving through a populated area. There were bullet strikes on the top of and near the leading edge of the hood, which obviously came out the front and must have ricocheted off of the ground somewhere. Yeah, it was hard shooting, but it was also ridiculously irresponsible shooting. Believe me.....on the day you see American police trying to bag a fleeing felon that way in a populated area, you'll be witnessing the first shots fired in a civil war. There was a police car in pursuit in the video. Why weren't they using more than one car, coordinating their actions by radio to throw up a road block? Why no puncture strips? All of that stuff costs a darn sight less than keeping a helicopter in the air, let alone the costs associated with negligently shooting an innocent person.

That police special tactics unit in Brazil has a reputation for stopping the spread of gang crime in the barrios, but they also have a reputation for police brutality against poor people who just happen to get caught in the crossfire of their tactics.

I'm not that impressed by them. Using the helicopter that way is a dandy but unnecessarily dangerous piece of theater. It's easy to be a cowboy in a country where even the police do not respect the rule of law.

:iagree:

I say it was lucky that they hit the BG at all, most of the rounds missed altogether, or hit other parts of the vehicle. If he hadn't stopped, how many more lives would they have put in danger?
Helicopters are great for pursuits, especially at night, they can keep a bright spotlight on the car, and don't have to worry about losing it on sharp corners, But the folks on the ground are responsible for getting the vehicle stopped. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Maybe the perp knocked a toilet paper dispenser off the wall then urinated in the parking lot. That would justify shooting them from a helicopter. :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

ScottDLS wrote:Maybe the perp knocked a toilet paper dispenser off the wall then urinated in the parking lot. That would justify shooting them from a helicopter. :shock:

I don't know, he didn't look like an Olympic swimmer. :smilelol5:

Besides, they just make you pay for the cost of repairs, on the scene, don't they? :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Wouldn't a rocket been more effective? :mrgreen:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

If you care to watch shooting from a helicopter find the video of a guy shooting feral hogs.

Yes, he misses, rarely...over and over he hits em and they're running and they're a much, much smaller target.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:If you care to watch shooting from a helicopter find the video of a guy shooting feral hogs.

Yes, he misses, rarely...over and over he hits em and they're running and they're a much, much smaller target.
And if he DOES miss, his shot goes into the dirt, in the middle of a field, miles from any houses. This Brazilian clown posse was neither that skilled nor that responsible.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

G26ster
Posts in topic: 3

Post by G26ster »

Why does this video not show up (on my PC) in the OP? I've tried on Firefox and Explorer.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

G26ster wrote:Why does this video not show up (on my PC) in the OP? I've tried on Firefox and Explorer.
Dunno. It's pulling in a video posted on Facebook, not the usual embedding of a YouTube video. That may be a factor. Works for me on Chrome, Firefox, and MS Edge, but takes a little longer to render than do typical YouTube vids.

I have a slight personal aversion to Facebook that isn't shared by my digital devices. Maybe your PC knows enough to stay away from a site that thinks little of your personal privacy. :mrgreen:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Skiprr wrote:
G26ster wrote:Why does this video not show up (on my PC) in the OP? I've tried on Firefox and Explorer.
Dunno. It's pulling in a video posted on Facebook, not the usual embedding of a YouTube video. That may be a factor. Works for me on Chrome, Firefox, and MS Edge, but takes a little longer to render than do typical YouTube vids.

I have a slight personal aversion to Facebook that isn't shared by my digital devices. Maybe your PC knows enough to stay away from a site that thinks little of your personal privacy. :mrgreen:
Thanks Skiprr. You're right, I avoid Facebook like the plague. But, no matter how long I leave the post open, nada.

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

.I'm not that impressed by them. Using the helicopter that way is a dandy but unnecessarily dangerous piece of theater. It's easy to be a cowboy in a country where even the police do not respect the rule of law.
The problem here is that you are using the ethics of our country on a (possible) third world country. I am sure Brazil has some issues with what we do in this country (as do I) but that is a different thread. Not all country's have the same value for human life that we have. If our crime was as bad as it is down there (read Chicago) and they had a lawyer under every rock their values may change.

I was taught TOS (the other side) put yourself in their shoes and you may welcome someone in a heli shooting at bad guys. After a while you would get tired of all the crime they have. I have heard it is the wild west 10 fold.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

:shock:
JerryK wrote:
.I'm not that impressed by them. Using the helicopter that way is a dandy but unnecessarily dangerous piece of theater. It's easy to be a cowboy in a country where even the police do not respect the rule of law.
The problem here is that you are using the ethics of our country on a (possible) third world country. I am sure Brazil has some issues with what we do in this country (as do I) but that is a different thread. Not all country's have the same value for human life that we have. If our crime was as bad as it is down there (read Chicago) and they had a lawyer under every rock their values may change.

I was taught TOS (the other side) put yourself in their shoes and you may welcome someone in a heli shooting at bad guys. After a while you would get tired of all the crime they have. I have heard it is the wild west 10 fold.
Brazil is far from a third world country. If you fly on any regional airline in the U.S., like American Eagle, etc. you are likely flting on an Embraer Regional Jet. Made in Brazil. Brazil is an industrial power worldwide.

As for crime, they do have a lot in the big cities. Sao Palo for example has a population of 20 million +, and like most major cities worldwide it has a high crime rate. That said, i always felt safer in Sao Palo than I did in Chicago.

As far as value of human life, once again, thay are no different than us. If we used Chicago as the measurement as to regard for human life in the U.S., how would we look? The Brazilian people I have interacted with in Brazil, are no different than folks here in Texas. They are warm, respectful, fun loving people. The Flavelas (slums) seen on the hillsides of cities like Rio, are the result of an economy where there is vertually no lower middle class. There is rich, upper middle class, and poor. The gov't, like here in the U.S., gives them just enough in welfare to get their vote.

Fortunately, i have had no interaction with the Brazilian police, other than a traffic stop in a taxi, and it was pretty intimidating, but no harm no foul. In the end, everything I had "heard" about Brazil proved untrue once I made my first trip over there. Besides, who could resist Brazilian barbeque at a Churrascaria?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Brazil

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Video not showing up for me, either.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”