Seatbelt Ticket

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

talltex
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Seatbelt Ticket

Post by talltex »

WildBill wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:
TresHuevos wrote:I always wear my seatbelt and insist that those riding in my truck do the same but it makes me chuckle that I can open my garage and take off on a motorcycle without a helmet and that act is completely within the law.
:iagree:

Seatbelt tickets are about revenue and fishing expeditions.

To the OP...sounds like a great encounter.

-Steve
This morning I was following a pickup truck that had four men in the bed.
Two were sitting on the top of the tool chest and could have easily fallen out.
I was wondering if they would get pulled over.
I was born in 1956. As a kid we rode in the back of pickups all the time...sometimes standing up and leaning against the back of the cab until somebody's mom or dad would notice and tell us to sit back down. Nobody really thought much about it. By the time we were in 7th grade, several of my buddies and I would take off on our own on the weekends and spend the nights on the river fishing and hunting...we all had .22 rifles and shotguns by then. I got my first motorcycle when I was in 8th grade, as did several of my friends, and then we expanded our range of adventuring to cover the whole county. I really don't know why they did, but our parents trusted us to be careful (rarely) and use a little common sense (even rarer), but somehow we all managed to survive our high risk childhoods with just a few stitches and a cast or two. We did a lot of stupid things, but occasionally we did learn something worthwhile from our mistakes. I treasure having had the freedom to grow up that way, and I wish kids today still had some of those opportunities.
Last edited by talltex on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

talltex wrote: I was born in 1956. As a kid we rode in the back of pickups all the time...sometimes standing up and leaning against the back of the cab until somebody's mom or dad would notice and tell us to sit back down. Nobody really thought much about it. By the time we were in 7th grade, several of my buddies and I would take off on our own on the weekends and spend the nights on the river fishing and hunting...we all had .22 rifles and shotguns by then. I got my first motorcycle when I was in 8th grade, as did several of my friends, and then we expanded our range of adventuring to cover the whole county. Our parents trusted us to be careful (rarely) and use some common sense (even rarer). I really don't know why they did, but our parents trusted us to be careful (rarely) and use a little common sense (even rarer), but somehow we all managed to survive our high risk childhoods with just a few stitches and a cast or two. We did a lot of stupid things, but occasionally we did learn something worthwhile from our mistakes. I treasure having had the freedom to grow up that way, and I wish kids today still had some of those opportunities.
Those were the "good old days". Being allowed to do stupid things and learn from doing them gives you a different perspective on life today.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WTR »

bblhd672 wrote:
talltex wrote: I was born in 1956. As a kid we rode in the back of pickups all the time...sometimes standing up and leaning against the back of the cab until somebody's mom or dad would notice and tell us to sit back down. Nobody really thought much about it. By the time we were in 7th grade, several of my buddies and I would take off on our own on the weekends and spend the nights on the river fishing and hunting...we all had .22 rifles and shotguns by then. I got my first motorcycle when I was in 8th grade, as did several of my friends, and then we expanded our range of adventuring to cover the whole county. Our parents trusted us to be careful (rarely) and use some common sense (even rarer). I really don't know why they did, but our parents trusted us to be careful (rarely) and use a little common sense (even rarer), but somehow we all managed to survive our high risk childhoods with just a few stitches and a cast or two. We did a lot of stupid things, but occasionally we did learn something worthwhile from our mistakes. I treasure having had the freedom to grow up that way, and I wish kids today still had some of those opportunities.
Those were the "good old days". Being allowed to do stupid things and learn from doing them gives you a different perspective on life today.
I agree. I've ridden in the back of more P/Us than I can count. However, after having seen children who were thrown from the back of a P/U, rolled on ,crushed and literally torn apart , I would not let a child ride in the back of one.

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RogueUSMC »

WTR wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
I agree. I've ridden in the back of more P/Us than I can count. However, after having seen children who were thrown from the back of a P/U, rolled on ,crushed and literally torn apart , I would not let a child ride in the back of one.
All depends...who is driving the pick-up truck and where are we going? If I am driving and we are just travelling residential streets to the ballpark, I have no problem with the whole little league team riding in the back. If the route requires South Broadway in Tyler (that I avoid like the plague anyway) at 5pm, no way anyone is riding in the back whether I am driving or not...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”