Pelican Bay - traffic stop

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Rex B
Posts in topic: 3

Pelican Bay - traffic stop

Post by Rex B »

Pelican Bay is a mobile home community North of Azle. I have a shop building there and spend a couple days a week there. I was leaving - (white Shelby Mustang with silver stripes) I drove past the Pelican Bay PD cruiser at the entrance. He hit the lights, and I pulled over. sigh. I get out my DL and CHL, roll both windows down. Young cop hops out and trots over to the window.

Cop: "Sir, the reason I stopped you is you have no front license plate"
Me: Yessir (handing DL and CHL)
Cop: (Quick look at CHL) "You have a CHL? Have a good afternoon sir!"

Shortest traffic stop yet. I guess I'll hang that tag back on the front before I take it to the shop again.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pelican Bay - traffic stop

Post by Flightmare »

Your LTC doubles as a "get out of ticket free" card? Who knew? :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

Rex B, so you live in the general vicinity of Azle? If so we are practically neighbors, hope to bump into you at Azle walmart!

General question, what happened to the idea of DFW members breakfast?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

striker55

Post by striker55 »

I got pulled over by DPS on I-10 headed to San Antonio, same reason, no front plate on a Camaro. Put my dl and chl on the dash, after asking where my gun was, I told him on my hip, he said that was fine. He told me I should have a front plate and said have a nice day.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Same thing happened to me in Clifton, TX on an early Sunday morning last month. I've been driving that car without a front plate for 10 years and this was the first time ever stopped for that reason. Showed DL and CHL, told him gun was in the glove box. He asked for insurance, which I told him was also in the glove box. "That's OK" - reached over my gun to get the insurance paper. Left with a warning. Pleasant stop. (Finally got a front plate, don't want any more reasons to get stopped).

The reason I didn't get my insurance out before, was that the top was down and he would have easily seen me reaching for something, so I just left my hands on the wheel until asked.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
Rex B

Post by Rex B »

crazy2medic wrote:Rex B, so you live in the general vicinity of Azle? If so we are practically neighbors, hope to bump into you at Azle walmart!
Actually, I live 30 miles away in the Keller area.
I bought the shop building years ago.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

Rex B wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:Rex B, so you live in the general vicinity of Azle? If so we are practically neighbors, hope to bump into you at Azle walmart!
Actually, I live 30 miles away in the Keller area.
I bought the shop building years ago.
Ok, my in-laws live in keller, if you see a guy open carrying a full size 1911 w/double stack mags, probably me, say hi!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
Rex B

Post by Rex B »

crazy2medic wrote:Ok, my in-laws live in keller, if you see a guy open carrying a full size 1911 w/double stack mags, probably me, say hi!
If I see you, you will be the first open-carry I have seen. Or at least noticed.
-----------

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”