For full disclosure, officer, I've got a gun

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

goose
Posts in topic: 3

Re: For full disclosure, officer, I've got a gun

Post by goose »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
goose wrote:
vjallen75 wrote:we need a like button
^^this^^ :-)
How about this?
Perfect!
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

goose
Posts in topic: 3

Re: For full disclosure, officer, I've got a gun

Post by goose »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I see this as different than something like a random encounter with a LEO, where I would be inclined to not tell the officer whether I was armed. In this case, the OP is facing a potentially dangerous situation and there is a (small) possibility that he might actually need to use his weapon. Given that possibility, if it was me, I would definitely want to make sure the officer was not shocked by the sight of my gun.
I think that this is pretty close to where I would land as well. If we're all in this thing together, I can envision times like this when I would be happy to communicate to the officers that I am a piece of the equation they are working, but not a piece to surprise them later. While I think that LEO is an arm of the government to be regulated and kept in check, I also don't think it is healthy to see them as only adversarial. Paraphrasing you, three good guys fixing to enter a shed where there is a slight chance it could go south (hence the request for help), plenty of communication is a good thing for all involved.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”