Smoking at the Pump

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Smoking at the Pump

Post by Keith B »

I went to the quick stop down the road from me to buy some ginger ale last night because I was nauseated. So I walked up and saw these two police officers watching a woman who was smoking while pumping gas. I'm like 'look at this dumb person, what an idiot; and and with police right there too'!

So I go in and grab a 2 liter and while I was checking out I hear someone screaming. I look outside and that woman's arm was on fire! She was waiving her arm around arm just going crazy!

I ran outside and the police had put her on the ground and had put the fire out with an extinguisher. I go back in to get my soda and as I'm walking by realize the police had put handcuffs on her and were putting her in the police car.

So me, being the concerned citizen that I am (aka nosey), asked the officers what are they were arresting her for, figuring that smoking at the pump and catching her arm on fire would be punishment enough. Nope! One officer looked dead at me and said 'For waiving a fire-arm'!

:mrgreen:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Smoking at the Pump

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Yes. I read the whole danged thing. You got me! :thumbs2: "rlol"
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

That's a really good one, yes, I read the whole post too! Got me! "rlol"
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Yeah, lesson learned one would imagine.
:thumbs2:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Groan!! :lol:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Many moons ago when gas station attendants filled your gas tank, cleaned your windshield and checked your oil, there was a gas station attendant who consistently smoked while filling the tank.

I politely asked him to stop smoking while he filled the tank.

I was using a company car and this was a company approved gas station we used.

Next time he was filling the tank, sure enough, he was smoking.

I told him to put out the cigarette. He ignored me.

So, I quit using that station.

My point?

There are idiots who fill gas tanks while smoking...

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Waving a fire-arm. :smilelol5:

I was at the
Qt in Alvarado a few months ago, getting gas, when a couple pulled up at be pump in front of me. The husband/boyfriend got out and began pumping gas while the woman was sitting on the passenger side smoking and holding the lit cigarette out of the open window not 3 feet from the pump and maybe 5 feet from the man pumping gas. I said "hey buddy, your wife is going to get you killed, with that cigarette." He looked and told her to put it out or get out and get away from the pump.
Some people are just totally oblivious.
Last edited by Jusme on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

:smilelol5: :rolll
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Thanks! I needed a good laugh. I know it's just a joke, but while I was reading it thinking it was reality, I questioned them using a fire extinguisher on her, and handcuffs. :lol:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Daddio-on-patio wrote:Yes. I read the whole danged thing. You got me! :thumbs2: "rlol"
Got me, too! "rlol"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Aw, c'mon, wouldn't that have been brandishing a firearm in a menacing, dangerous, or reckless manner?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Keith B wrote:I went to the quick stop down the road from me to buy some ginger ale last night because I was nauseated. So I walked up and saw these two police officers watching a woman who was smoking while pumping gas. I'm like 'look at this dumb person, what an idiot; and and with police right there too'!

So I go in and grab a 2 liter and while I was checking out I hear someone screaming. I look outside and that woman's arm was on fire! She was waiving her arm around arm just going crazy!

I ran outside and the police had put her on the ground and had put the fire out with an extinguisher. I go back in to get my soda and as I'm walking by realize the police had put handcuffs on her and were putting her in the police car.

So me, being the concerned citizen that I am (aka nosey), asked the officers what are they were arresting her for, figuring that smoking at the pump and catching her arm on fire would be punishment enough. Nope! One officer looked dead at me and said 'For waiving a fire-arm'!

:mrgreen:
Just saw this, I am not asking permission because I AM going to steal it and use it in class. "rlol"
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Daddio-on-patio wrote:Yes. I read the whole danged thing. You got me! :thumbs2: "rlol"
Me too! :smilelol5:

Chas.

bdgyeah

Post by bdgyeah »

Took a college course once where a professor extinguished a lit cigarette in cup full of gas. A cigarette burning by itself (not inhaling) does not burn hot enough to ignite gasoline. Just useless knowledge.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

bdgyeah wrote:Took a college course once where a professor extinguished a lit cigarette in cup full of gas. A cigarette burning by itself (not inhaling) does not burn hot enough to ignite gasoline. Just useless knowledge.
I've seen people do that and it works well as long as there aren't a lot of fumes. I've also seen what happens when there are a lot of fumes, such as at a gas station.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”