Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


Topic author
Frankie
Senior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:15 am
Location: Cibolo

Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby Frankie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:07 am

Didn't see this posted yet.

I have no words other than, lucky they survived their own stupidity.

http://www.leoaffairs.com/news/dude-put-ground-men-ski-masks-rifles-body-armor-enter-police-station-file-complaint/
Sig Ultra TT, Glock 23 (G4), Glock 30s, Glock 43

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3835
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby Jusme » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 am

Topic already being discussed:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=87824
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


Topic author
Frankie
Senior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:15 am
Location: Cibolo

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby Frankie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:15 am

Jusme wrote:Topic already being discussed:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=87824


I'm always a day late and dollar short. :coolgleamA:
Sig Ultra TT, Glock 23 (G4), Glock 30s, Glock 43

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts: 7888
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby mojo84 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:51 am

Frankie wrote:
Jusme wrote:Topic already being discussed:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=87824


I'm always a day late and dollar short. :coolgleamA:


Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby Abraham » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:13 am

How about when women cover their faces for religious reasons?

They're effectively masked.


WTR
Senior Member
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby WTR » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:28 am

Abraham wrote:How about when women cover their faces for religious reasons?

They're effectively masked.


Apples and oranges......heard of any of the veiled women walking into a Police Station armed?

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby warnmar10 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:35 am

WTR wrote:... heard of any of the veiled women walking into a Police Station armed?
Does strapped with a bomb count as armed?


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby Abraham » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:37 am

WTR,

Just generalizing...but, yes, they're masked.

I'd have to look it up, but I think face masking for religious reasons has been outlawed in France?

Guess why?


WTR
Senior Member
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby WTR » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:40 am

Abraham wrote:WTR,

Just generalizing...but, yes, they're masked.

I'd have to look it up, but I think face masking for religious reasons has been outlawed in France?

Guess why?



I don't live in France and I don't care to. France is no role model for me.


WTR
Senior Member
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby WTR » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:43 am

warnmar10 wrote:
WTR wrote:... heard of any of the veiled women walking into a Police Station armed?
Does strapped with a bomb count as armed?


Heard of any of those either?


WTR
Senior Member
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby WTR » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:46 am

Abraham wrote:WTR,

Just generalizing...but, yes, they're masked.

I'd have to look it up, but I think face masking for religious reasons has been outlawed in France?

Guess why?



I call them veiled, you call them masked. You still didn't answer my question....heard of any?

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby warnmar10 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:50 am

WTR wrote:
warnmar10 wrote:
WTR wrote:... heard of any of the veiled women walking into a Police Station armed?
Does strapped with a bomb count as armed?


Heard of any of those either?
In this country? No. In other countries, yes.
You've no doubt heard the old saw about 'generals always prepare for the last war'. I am less concerned with history repeating itself than I am concerned about an evolving threat. But that's me.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby Abraham » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:04 pm

I found this: "French ban on face covering. ... As of 11 April 2011, it is illegal to wear a face-covering veil or other mask in public places such as the street, shops, museums, public transportation, and parks. Veils such as the chador, scarves and other headwear that do not cover the face, are not affected by this law and can be worn"

Me, I rather like France. Spent time there. Met good people and even better food. Spent time in Monton, St. Tropez and then drove Monte Carlo then on to Paris. I'm not a fan of cities, but if I were, I'd live there. It's gorgeous.

I feel no animosity towards things French.

Of course, some of the French act haughty, but they're not all that way.

We have our own haughty acting folks too.

WTR,

P.S. You seem a bit annoyed regarding the subject of veils/masks or am I reading you wrong?


WTR
Senior Member
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby WTR » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Abraham wrote:I found this: "French ban on face covering. ... As of 11 April 2011, it is illegal to wear a face-covering veil or other mask in public places such as the street, shops, museums, public transportation, and parks. Veils such as the chador, scarves and other headwear that do not cover the face, are not affected by this law and can be worn"

Me, I rather like France. Spent time there. Met good people and even better food. Spent time in Monton, St. Tropez and then drove Monte Carlo then on to Paris. I'm not a fan of cities, but if I were, I'd live there. It's gorgeous.

I feel no animosity towards things French.

Of course, some of the French act haughty, but they're not all that way.

We have our own haughty acting folks too.

WTR,

P.S. You seem a bit annoyed regarding the subject of veils/masks or am I reading you wrong?


Not annoyed, just interested in facts, not sensational speculation.I had a cousin retire and eventually die in France.... From my experience, the French people are no friends of ours.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Men with ski-masks, rifles and body armor enter police station to file complaint

Postby Abraham » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:37 pm

WTR,

Did you spend time there and have a bad experience?

Given your cousin liked France enough to retire there, I'm left perplexed as to why you have a poor opinion of the French? Or, did he ultimately before dying?

Care to elaborate?

One curmudgeon to another?


Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests