Temple LEO Decides He Doesn't Want to be a Cowboy

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Temple LEO Decides He Doesn't Want to be a Cowboy

Post by Keith B »

Angry cow has beef with Temple police officer. I think he decided being a LEO is safer than being a cowboy, even these days!! :lol::

http://www.fox4news.com/news/texas/243776143-story
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Sport Coach

Re: Temple LEO Decides He Doesn't Want to be a Cowboy

Post by Sport Coach »

Now that's funny, right there!
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I saw that on TV yesterday and got quite a chuckle out of it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TexasRedneck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasRedneck »

Watched a Bexar County Deputy get chased to the TOP of his car one day by a Longhorn cow......

She'd gotten out, and we were trying to get her back through the fence and into the pasture she belonged in (wasn't ours, but we knew where she belonged). Up rolls the deputy, who jumps out, tells us "I'll take care of this for you", and approaches the cow. We try in our most tactful manner to advise him that most Longhorns would rather gore someone than eat, but he assures us he can handle this.

He got about 12' from her, and she turned around, judged the distance, and figured she could beat him back to his car. She ALMOST did so - but that was the first time I've ever seen someone in full gear able to jump high enough to clear a trunk and slide onto the roof of a Crown Vic! Lucky for him, she didn't decide to see if she could sweep the roof with a horn (it was long enough to have done so), but instead contented herself with a little re-arranging of the hood and grillwork with head and horns. Good part was that it distracted her long enough for us to open the gate to the pasture. She heard the gate and the bag of feed we were dumping, and decided it was time for a snack.

Would've given anything that day to have had a camera!
TSRA Defender * NRA Benefactor Member
"In the shadow of the Alamo, any man looks small!"

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I've been in similar situations many times. If you spend much time at all working with cattle, you learn that the only predictable part of their behavior is their unpredictability.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

TexasRedneck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasRedneck »

Pawpaw wrote:I've been in similar situations many times. If you spend much time at all working with cattle, you learn that the only predictable part of their behavior is their unpredictability.
Unless it's a Longhorn. When it's a Longhorn, either shoot it or yourself - because one of you AIN'T gonna win!!

:biggrinjester: :mrgreen: :anamatedbanana
TSRA Defender * NRA Benefactor Member
"In the shadow of the Alamo, any man looks small!"

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”