My first LTC LEO encounter

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
allisji
Posts in topic: 3

My first LTC LEO encounter

Post by allisji »

Was taking my family on vacation last week. Driving north toward Arkansas. The speed limit most of the way had been 75 until I came upon the town of Carthage. I got onto the loop around town and the speed limit was 55, but I wanted to get around some big rigs that had been in front of me for a while. I went for the pass and wasn't paying attention to my speed. Officer clocked my at 73 in a 55.

I had my Licenses and insurance in hand before the officer approached my window. He told me that he clocked my at 73 in a 55, and I said "yes, sir. I wasn't paying attention to my speed". I handed him my IDs and he asked if I was carrying. I said yes sir. He asked where it was. I said right hip, and he said to leave it there. He asked if I'd had any previous tickets or anything. I said, no. He looked in the car and saw my wife and kids, then he said to give him a moment so that he could take care of something. He walked back to his car, was on the radio for a moment and then came back and handed me my documents and told me to slow down.

:anamatedbanana I really didn't want to get a ticket, as the budget has been pretty tight lately. It would have put a huge damper on the vacation.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

txglock21
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My first LTC LEO encounter

Post by txglock21 »

Was this on the way to Branson? I remember us talking about it last year (BlueGreen Vacations). We just got back from there (Monday-Friday last week). Ended up becoming full owners. :cheers2:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Topic author
allisji

Post by allisji »

txglock21 wrote:Was this on the way to Branson? I remember us talking about it last year (BlueGreen Vacations). We just got back from there (Monday-Friday last week). Ended up becoming full owners. :cheers2:
Yeah, it was on the way there. It was a really long drive from here, but it was worth it. Congrats on your purchase. We stayed Wed-Sat. Stopped and camped on the way out and on the way back to break up the drive.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RossA »

Local LEO, Sheriff, or DPS?
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Topic author
allisji

Post by allisji »

RossA wrote:Local LEO, Sheriff, or DPS?
Local PD
LTC since 2015

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”