Woman calls 911....Get shot

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 10

Woman calls 911....Get shot

Post by WTR »

Woman calls 911 to report a posable sexual assault....gets shot and killed for her trouble. And guess what, the Police did not have mandated body cameras running . Minneapolis again! Be careful in WI.....they are a bit trigger happy up there.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Woman calls 911....Get shot

Post by mojo84 »

WTR wrote:Woman calls 911 to report a posable sexual assault....gets shot and killed for her trouble. And guess what, the Police did not have mandated body cameras running . Minneapolis again! Be careful in WI.....they are a bit trigger happy up there.
Where?

Link?
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 1

Post by suthdj »

I thought Minneapolis was in Minnesota not Wisconsin
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

circumspice_tuebor

Post by circumspice_tuebor »

Micah 6:8

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

The Cops probably turn on the cameras when they get out of the car to make contact with a subject. What strikes me as wierd is the cop shot through the door to shoot and kill the lady. Sounds like an ND. Maybe it was a Glock. Cops aren't talking maybe they are are trying to get their stories together.
Philando Castile was killed just about a year ago, in the area. Makes one wonder why they have these issues. Poror training maybe?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

WTR wrote:Woman calls 911 to report a posable sexual assault....gets shot and killed for her trouble. And guess what, the Police did not have mandated body cameras running . Minneapolis again! Be careful in WI.....they are a bit trigger happy up there.
When you post these types of topics, you must include a link to the story or source.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

srothstein
Posts in topic: 9

Post by srothstein »

This is a very interesting case since no one is saying what happened yet. The story I just read (Police Magazine) makes it look less like an ND than deliberate shooting. The officer was in the passenger seat and he "reached over" to shoot her. No weapons at the scene but her cell phone was found where she dropped it, implying to me that she had the phone in her hand when shot.

The police have not released any other information and no one from the family is yelling yet other than not knowing what happened. Cameras not on are easy to understand, useless for images in this case anyway but audio might have helped. Car camera is used when red lights come on and this was not a stop like that. It can be turned on manually but that would be when they get out of the car and only if they thought something would happen in front of the car. Body cameras would usually get turned on when they exit the car to approach the suspect. They could have a policy of turning it on for any citizen contact but it would be highly unlikely. Most places would not turn on the camera just to take a report, which is what this call was.

This call could be an example of why using the body camera and the car camera for any citizen contact is a good idea, even if it is an expensive one. Storage costs for all of the data that would produce would be enormous, in addition to the cost of having an employee review the recordings to determine which get kept and which get deleted as unnecessary.
Steve Rothstein

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

suthdj wrote:I thought Minneapolis was in Minnesota not Wisconsin

Sorry. I've been getting my States mess up lately. The news said dept. policy mandated that the "new" body cameras should have been on.

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Keith B wrote:
When you post these types of topics, you must include a link to the story or source.
Saw it on the news. not the internet.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

WTR wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Saw it on the news. not the internet.
Still requires a link to a news story if you post the topic per the rules.
19. Posting material from other sources - When quoting material from other websites or sources, the following rules apply:
a. Give credit to the author and publication either at the beginning of the quote, or at the end. When the format allows, put the title of the article at the beginning;
b. Do not post the entire article, post no more than 200 words or 10% of the article, whichever is less;
c. Enclose the material in quotation marks or use italic font to clearly identify the material as a quote;
d. Include a link to the website that contains the material or, if the material is not from a website, fully identify the source including the author.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

This article gives some details on the shooter and the lady shot. http://www.news.com.au/world/north-amer ... 8f4bc7df91
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Oldgringo »

mojo84 wrote:This article gives some details on the shooter and the lady shot. http://www.news.com.au/world/north-amer ... 8f4bc7df91
Sounds like Mohamed felt it was his duty to kill the unclean infidel?

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

why pair two rookies? 1 year and 2 year? sort of seems like asking for trouble, shouldn't they still be learning from mentors?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

2 years........must have been a Training Officer.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”