Woman calls 911....Get shot

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Woman calls 911....Get shot

Post by Excaliber »

bblhd672 wrote:
Excaliber wrote:New details are coming out. Apparently the lawyer who told Noor not to speak to investigators forgot to mention talking to Noor's friends. What he allegedly said to them can be found here.
Playing all 3 cards: race, religion and immigrant.

Another killer cop likely to get away with gunning down an innocent woman
I wouldn't be betting on that.

I suspect that most other officers in the department aren't going to be supportive of his behavior either.

Noor has a serious problem on his hands and what's coming out through people he's allegedly spoken to isn't likely to help him much.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Oldgringo »

Oldgringo wrote:
mojo84 wrote:This article gives some details on the shooter and the lady shot. http://www.news.com.au/world/north-amer ... 8f4bc7df91
Sounds like Mohamed felt it was his duty to kill the unclean infidel?
You heard it here first!

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

Oldgringo wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
mojo84 wrote:This article gives some details on the shooter and the lady shot. http://www.news.com.au/world/north-amer ... 8f4bc7df91
You heard it here first!
Please don't go down this path. There is no reason to believe that this is a hate crime situation.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

rotor wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
You heard it here first!
Please don't go down this path. There is no reason to believe that this is a hate crime situation.
Why not? It is what it is.

BTW, "hate" has become, IMO, the most selfish, self-serving, used and over abused word in the English language. For instance, I really hate gophers, moles, fire ants and east Texas' summers. Does that make me a racist, bigoted "hater"?

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

Probably wasn't hate crime, however nothing can nor should be ruled out.

This character should never have been given the job in the first place. Short time on the job and already complaints piling up, now a dead woman.

My opinion, nervous nelly shady character who got in on the coattails of affirmative action. Demonstrable proclivity towards violent handling of female suspects / citizens, likely due to his let's just say Somali background. How many more powder kegs do we have?

Prayers for this poor woman's family.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

parabelum wrote:Probably wasn't hate crime, however nothing can nor should be ruled out.

This character should never have been given the job in the first place. Short time on the job and already complaints piling up, now a dead woman.

My opinion, nervous nelly shady character who got in on the coattails of affirmative action. Demonstrable proclivity towards violent handling of female suspects / citizens, likely due to his let's just say Somali background. How many more powder kegs do we have?

Prayers for this poor woman's family.
A rose by any other name...eh? This muslim murderer is not a rose. A pox on the houses that hired and shelters him and his ilk!

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

Oldgringo wrote:
rotor wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
You heard it here first!

BTW, "hate" has become, IMO, the most selfish, self-serving, used and over abused word in the English language. For instance, I really hate gophers, moles, fire ants and east Texas' summers. Does that make me a racist, bigoted "hater"?
No, but your writing makes you sound like a racist. We need to let this play out before jumping to conclusions that this is a racial issue.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Liberty »

WTR wrote:I think the most interesting of the racial aspects of this case,will be what a community which allowed the execution of a black man ( MHO) will do to a black Officer that has killed an innocent white subject.
I don't care what color you are, if you live in Minnesota , You really gotta think twice about calling 911 or even pulling over to the side of the road these days. There a them vs us mentality going on. No apologies .. No regrets .. Just arrogant silence.

Maybe in Minnesota, it shouldn't be Black Lives Matter, so much as it should be Citizens Lives Matter.

I don't know what kind of cop schools they have up there, but I never went to cop school, but I was always taught you don't shoot at loud noises, and to know your target. I am pretty sure most reputable training teaches the same. These two morons have the destroyed the reputation of LEO in the area for a long time. A departments reputation and trust is only as good as the worst of them. The good cops will never drag the reputation up as much as the bad ones drag it done.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

DEB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DEB »

rotor wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
rotor wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
You heard it here first!

No, but your writing makes you sound like a racist. We need to let this play out before jumping to conclusions that this is a racial issue.
Racist? Racial issue? Where did Old Gringo say anything about race? Muslim is not a race, it is a religion. It would be like saying Baptist means White. Sounds to me that you are the one preoccupied with race.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Excaliber »

DEB wrote:
rotor wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
rotor wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
You heard it here first!

Racist? Racial issue? Where did Old Gringo say anything about race? Muslim is not a race, it is a religion. It would be like saying Baptist means White. Sounds to me that you are the one preoccupied with race.
Easy there, pardners.

From the information available on the light conditions and time frame of the incident, Noor may not have known if he was shooting at a man or a woman - just someone who approached the car quickly in a relatively dark area just after "a loud noise" was heard.

I suspect what we're looking at is an overly anxious officer who took training that he could shoot when in reasonable fear of his life too far by waaay stretching out the reasonable part.

If this turns out to be the case, it will be another instance of what I call someone asking the wrong question: "Can I shoot in this situation," instead of "Is shooting the only reasonable way to protect innocent life?"
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

DEB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DEB »

Excaliber wrote:
DEB wrote:
rotor wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
rotor wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
You heard it here first!

Easy there, pardners.

From the information available on the light conditions and time frame of the incident, Noor may not have known if he was shooting at a man or a woman - just someone who approached the car quickly in a relatively dark area just after "a loud noise" was heard.

I suspect what we're looking at is an overly anxious officer who took training that he could shoot when in reasonable fear of his life too far by waaay stretching out the reasonable part.

If this turns out to be the case, it will be another instance of what I call someone asking the wrong question: "Can I shoot in this situation," instead of "Is shooting the only reasonable way to protect innocent life?"
You're right. I shouldn't have replied as I did, as it could have just inflamed the conversation. :txflag: God Bless Texans and Texas.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

fire128
Posts in topic: 1

Post by fire128 »

My question is how many Leo's unholster their weapons inside their patrol vehicles. The way it has been written seems to imply that he had his weapon in hand while they were talking with the lady and he just reached out and shot her.

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ninjabread »

baseballguy2001 wrote:I'm going to slightly disagree with you - The camera policy I saw mirrored what you wrote, but also had a use of force policy also. It went something like, the cams must be activated after any use of force, or when safe to do so. They didn't activate them at all. The cameras also had a loopback feature, recording 30 seconds before the activate button is pushed. That would have been extremely helpful in this case.
Helpful to whom?
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

WTR wrote:The Poice Chief did not make a statement until today because she was on a back packing trip......Really.

I know that we live in an insantaeous Information Age, and we want to know what happened before the smoke clears, but right now all we have are press releases. There will be an investigation, all potential witnesses will be interviewed, forensic evidence will be collected, and all information will be presented to the DA.

If an unknown person shot somebody, we are more patient, but because MSM, left wing activists, etc.. believe we should have a police officer either charged or exonerated, within minutes, does not mean, that is how the system works. I don't know anything about the police chief, but taking a vacation, is not a denegrating factor. It is a high stress, high profile job, that requires, long hours, and 24/7 scrutiny. I have no opinion on the incident, because opinions, don't hold sway, in the criminal justice system. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

srothstein
Posts in topic: 9

Post by srothstein »

baseballguy2001 wrote:I'm going to slightly disagree with you - The camera policy I saw mirrored what you wrote, but also had a use of force policy also. It went something like, the cams must be activated after any use of force, or when safe to do so. They didn't activate them at all. The cameras also had a loopback feature, recording 30 seconds before the activate button is pushed. That would have been extremely helpful in this case.
I agree. I had been concerned with whether it should have been on for the incident and not with the use of force. The policy did require them to turn it on as soon as it was safe to do so after the shot was fired. And if the camera had the loopback record feature (and most do, but not all), it would probably have been very helpful. I could understand not getting it turned on in the first 30 seconds but it might have been. And it would have been helpful, that is true no matter what.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”