Woman calls 911....Get shot

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Woman calls 911....Get shot

Post by crazy2medic »

My question is how did this guys partner/FTO feel about his rookie shooting past his HEAD! I believe I would have had serious issues with him shooting across my body, shows poor decision making ability!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Liberty »

crazy2medic wrote:My question is how did this guys partner/FTO feel about his rookie shooting past his HEAD! I believe I would have had serious issues with him shooting across my body, shows poor decision making ability!
The whole incident is an exposure of poor training.

The fact that they didn't turn the cameras on automatically is an indication of poor training.
The fact that the senior officer was only a 2 year Veteran and that chief says that there is nothing wrong with that, shows a total lack of respect for experience and the importance of older veterans passing down wisdom and lessons learned to the young. Cops with itchy triggers being a training officer for the rookie. What could go wrong? What kind of bad habits could this rookie have learned from this guy?

The fact that an officer shoots at loud noises? Since when is a loud noise an appropriate target? The 4 safety rules? Be sure of your target? Shooting across your partner? It doesn't sound like the offending officer has spent much time studying safety at the range? Cops with itchy triggers being a training officer for the rookie. What could go wrong? What kind of bad habits could this rookie have learned from this guy.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OneGun »

I have not seen this mentioned in this thread but tb e only media reporting details is the Daily Mail across the great pond. The US MSM is burying this story possibly because it does not fit the BLM narrative.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

... And then there's the part nobody is talking about:

What Happens When The Races Are Reversed In A Police Shooting
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

crazy2medic wrote:My question is how did this guys partner/FTO feel about his rookie shooting past his HEAD!
I believe I would have had serious issues with him shooting across my body, shows poor decision making ability!
I wondered about the same thing.
NRA Endowment Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Chief resigned.

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

mojo84 wrote:Chief resigned.

Note that overwhelming majority of "folks" on Twitter who make this into "chief resigned only because she was white" i.e. black victims don't matter, are some ugly vile white idiots who love to stir the racial pot a la Bernie and his ilk, pretending to be one of the downtrodden. :roll:

philip964
Posts in topic: 15

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fake-street- ... 00688.html

Fake street signs appearing in Twin Cities.

Warning of easily startled police.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

philip964 wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/fake-street- ... 00688.html

Fake street signs appearing in Twin Cities.

Warning of easily startled police.
"rlol" :smilelol5:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

philip964
Posts in topic: 15

Post by philip964 »

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/07/p ... ne-damond/

Afterwards police get a warrant and search the dead, Australian, caucasian, bride to be, blonde, 40 year old, woman, in pajamas, apartment.

Apparently they did not find drugs or a gun or we would know about it. You can see the head line- Woman Shot by Police had Guns and Drugs in Her Apartment. That would obviously make the murder ok.

Someone raised an interesting point, how many on duty police officers have been killed by Caucasian women in lets say, the last 100 years?

Do police perceive Caucasian women in their 40's in pajamas as threats? Or was it just this one police officer?

Would it be profiling to not consider them a threat?

It reminds me a little of the Dirty Harry movie, where he loses the shooting contest.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Did they also get a warrant to search Mohammed's dwelling, to look for, you know...stuff?

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote:https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/07/p ... ne-damond/

Afterwards police get a warrant and search the dead, Australian, caucasian, bride to be, blonde, 40 year old, woman, in pajamas, apartment.

Apparently they did not find drugs or a gun or we would know about it. You can see the head line- Woman Shot by Police had Guns and Drugs in Her Apartment. That would obviously make the murder ok.

Someone raised an interesting point, how many on duty police officers have been killed by Caucasian women in lets say, the last 100 years?

Do police perceive Caucasian women in their 40's in pajamas as threats? Or was it just this one police officer?

Would it be profiling to not consider them a threat?

It reminds me a little of the Dirty Harry movie, where he loses the shooting contest.

It's very easy to keyboard quarterback, a situation while sitting in a well lit, room, with much more facts than police had, who were answering this call. I am not going to defend, or condemn, the LEO in question, until more facts are present. But I know that at night, in an unfamiliar place, with a person coming towards you, with "something" in their hand, it is very difficult, to determine that person's motives, or what they are holding. Hindsight is always 20/20, and because we now know, that it was a 40 something year blonde woman, in PJ's, holding a cell phone, does not mean, that all of that was easily seen, in the situation, the officers were in. Again, I am withholding an opinion, on this case, until we have more facts. But I can see, how the sudden appearance of an unexpected person, in the dark, when looking for a possible intruder, could make someone a little jumpy. I pray for the family, and friends of the victim, and pray that justice is served, no matter the outcome. I also pray for the officer, because I know the last thing they ever want to do, is kill an innocent person. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

talltex
Posts in topic: 5

Post by talltex »

Jusme wrote: It's very easy to keyboard quarterback, a situation while sitting in a well lit, room, with much more facts than police had, who were answering this call. I am not going to defend, or condemn, the LEO in question, until more facts are present. But I know that at night, in an unfamiliar place, with a person coming towards you, with "something" in their hand, it is very difficult, to determine that person's motives, or what they are holding. Hindsight is always 20/20, and because we now know, that it was a 40 something year blonde woman, in PJ's, holding a cell phone, does not mean, that all of that was easily seen, in the situation, the officers were in. Again, I am withholding an opinion, on this case, until we have more facts. But I can see, how the sudden appearance of an unexpected person, in the dark, when looking for a possible intruder, could make someone a little jumpy. I pray for the family, and friends of the victim, and pray that justice is served, no matter the outcome. I also pray for the officer, because I know the last thing they ever want to do, is kill an innocent person. JMHO
Place yourself, an ordinary citizen, in the officer's exact position. It's night--you and another male friend are sitting in his car in an unfamiliar place--a person you do not know walks toward your vehicle (forget that it is a middle-aged blonde female in her pajamas--if you can and presuming that stereotyping is not at all in play), WHAT possible scenario would allow you to feel justified in shooting the approaching person without any demonstrable provocation? If you had shot and killed her/him-- simply because you were nervous and afraid, you would be in jail, charged with murder or voluntary manslaughter. Whether you were wearing a badge or not doesn't change the facts. The officer shot and killed someone without any demonstrable justification--period. Even more damning to me, is that the call they went to investigate, was a woman calling and reporting what sounded like a sexual assault taking place. I'd think that with that information, rather than viewing an approaching woman in pajamas as a threat, they would be much more likely to view her as a potential victim. His partner didn't draw his weapon and shoot, so he evidently didn't view her as a threat to his life.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

srothstein
Posts in topic: 9

Post by srothstein »

talltex wrote:Place yourself, an ordinary citizen, in the officer's exact position. It's night--you and another male friend are sitting in his car in an unfamiliar place--a person you do not know walks toward your vehicle (forget that it is a middle-aged blonde female in her pajamas--if you can and presuming that stereotyping is not at all in play), WHAT possible scenario would allow you to feel justified in shooting the approaching person without any demonstrable provocation? If you had shot and killed her/him-- simply because you were nervous and afraid, you would be in jail, charged with murder or voluntary manslaughter.
I can think of several similar cases that meet this criterion that have been discussed on this very forum. In most cases, the board agrees that a shooting is not usually justified but there have been several where we agree that a shooting might be justified. In many case, the personal feeling of being threatened for various reasons may make the difference to the justification.

Say that a few other factors that have been reported in this case are included. Like the fact that there have been threats against police officers, including several recent cases of officers being attacked while responding to calls or while sitting in their cars. Then add in that the officers were investigating a report of a felony in progress, which tends to make them a little jumpier than usual. Now, while in a dark alley, someone slaps the side of their car and suddenly appears next tot he driver's window with no noise or warning. It might make a little difference tot he case.
Whether you were wearing a badge or not doesn't change the facts. The officer shot and killed someone without any demonstrable justification--period. Even more damning to me, is that the call they went to investigate, was a woman calling and reporting what sounded like a sexual assault taking place. I'd think that with that information, rather than viewing an approaching woman in pajamas as a threat, they would be much more likely to view her as a potential victim. His partner didn't draw his weapon and shoot, so he evidently didn't view her as a threat to his life.
I am not defending the officer, nor am I condemning him. I do not know what happened and how the shooting occurred. But you seem, in my opinion, to have come to the conclusion that because the shooting has not been justified to the media that there is no justification for it. This is simply not true. You also seem to have come to a conclusion about the second officer's behavior. I do not know that he had a weapon out or not. I also do not know if he saw the woman earlier than the passenger or at all. This is another point I think we need to wit until the investigation is complete to consider.

From what I have read of the case, I think MPD handled the case as best as they could. An officer was involved in a shooting where a complainant was killed. They immediately asked a different agency to investigate and have kept their hands off. I like the fact that it is a state police agency investigating because it is much harder to allege collusion between the local police and the local sheriff's office or prosecutor's office. And I like the fact that neither agency is releasing ANY real statements about what happened until the investigation is complete.

The problem with the last part is that it lets the public jump to conclusions about what happened, with very little facts. The media love to do this and are really helping in the effort to jump. They don't like being frustrated in their efforts to publish stories they want to publish.

My personal opinion that I have jumped to is that the officer is going to be charged with the Minnesota equivalent of involuntary manslaughter and be convicted of it. I like to hope there was some justification, but I keep stretching to come up with any. I also think people keep stretching to make the claim of murder. I honestly see it as a mistake and a tragedy but carrying a gun (with or without a badge) makes the punishment for those mistakes pretty drastic. Considering the consequences, that seems fair to me.
Steve Rothstein

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Yes, it's easy to say that for you bud. It wasn't your wife or mother or daughter that got to bleed out in some dark alley because of Mohamed's nervousness (he doesn't deserve the title of "officer").

You see, if I acted in similar manner over the years each time I was startled by a someone approaching my vehicle at night in a rough part of town, at a gas station etc. I'd be already in Huntsville long ago.

Restraint and professionalism. And the nerve to search this poor lady's home thereafter to probably search for something illicit in hopes to lessen this murder "incident", I again ask, was Mohammed's home searched?

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”