Dealing with some bull

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SA-TX
Posts in topic: 2

Dealing with some bull

Post by SA-TX »

Literally. :biggrinjester: Some cattle escaped from the property behind my house today and a bull (I guess because it had horns) and a couple of cows were grazing in my back yard. While I appreciate them eating some weeds, they also left divits just from their weight given the rain we've had. I can only imagine.rhe damage they could do when angry.

This is in the LEO section because I called the Ellis County SO's animal control unit. I tried finding the owners first but no one answered my knocks on a few doors and the No Tresspassing and Protected by Smith & Wesson signs made me reluctant to poke around too much. The officer was great and was able to find the cattle and owner quickly. I only wish I'd gotten the owner's number in case they escape again. Well done ECSO!

I have a pic but I can't get the "add file" option working from my phone.

SA-TX

WTR
Banned

Re: Dealing with some bull

Post by WTR »

SA-TX wrote:Literally. :biggrinjester: Some cattle escaped from the property behind my house today and a bull (I guess because it had horns) and a couple of cows were grazing in my back yard. While I appreciate them eating some weeds, they also left divits just from their weight given the rain we've had. I can only imagine.rhe damage they could do when angry.

This is in the LEO section because I called the Ellis County SO's animal control unit. I tried finding the owners first but no one answered my knocks on a few doors and the No Tresspassing and Protected by Smith & Wesson signs made me reluctant to poke around too much. The officer was great and was able to find the cattle and owner quickly. I only wish I'd gotten the owner's number in case they escape again. Well done ECSO!

I have a pic but I can't get the "add file" option working from my phone.

SA-TX
Cows can have horns, Bulls can be polled.( hornless).
Last edited by WTR on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

It's not the difference is not horns between Cow and Bull and Steer.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

Liberty wrote:It's not the difference is not horns between Cow and Bull and Steer.

Yeah, it's not the "sticker outers" it's the "hanger downers" :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

Jusme wrote:
Liberty wrote:It's not the difference is not horns between Cow and Bull and Steer.

Yeah, it's not the "sticker outers" it's the "hanger downers" :biggrinjester:
I had heard that but it took away from the fun of the headline. :) There was some hangin'...

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”