good contact in Flower Mound

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
jminn1
Posts in topic: 2

good contact in Flower Mound

Post by jminn1 »

I was stopped by the FM PD last night on my way home in the cold wet freezing rain about 7 PM.

I got lit up about a block from home, turned on to a residential street and stopped.
Turned on the dome lights, id + LTC out, hands visible, drivers window down.

The officer announced himself, came up to the window, accepted my IDs and calmly asked if I had a weapon on me after seeing my LTC.

I said "of course"...

He then asked if I was aware that I had a tail light out.. of course, I didn't.. so he informed me that was the reason for the stop.

I thanked him for letting me know and we went on our way.

All in all, a great professional stop in his part.

Just like it oughta be!

Cheers
-jminn1
Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Barry Goldwater

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: good contact in Flower Mound

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

When I was a COP, it would have to be a major traffic violation for me to make stop in that weather! A tail light out wouldn't meet the required level of urgency.

Chas.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I had a similarly good experience with FloMo cop just off of Morris Road a few years back. "Failure to indicate turn" - when I was the only one on the road around midnight, heading home from a weeknight class. When he asked if I was carrying, "Yes sir, actually 2 of them. One on right hip and one on left ankle." He replied to the effect of "No problem. We get quite a few DWIs this way. And you obviously are not. Have a good night." :cool:
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:When I was a COP, it would have to be a major traffic violation for me to make stop in that weather! A tail light out wouldn't meet the required level of urgency.

Chas.
"rlol" I have never been stopped for anything in bad weather. I don't think you were/are alone in your priorities!
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

So was your tail light out? I've been pulled over for tail lights being out before, only for them to be miraculously working when I got home and checked.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
jminn1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jminn1 »

Pariah3j wrote:So was your tail light out? I've been pulled over for tail lights being out before, only for them to be miraculously working when I got home and checked.
I'm pretty sure it was a dual-purpose stop.. I did have a light out.. and I'm pretty sure he was checking to see if I was DUI.
He first saw me on Morris south of Forrest Vista travelling north-ish.. and didn't pull me over until north of 1171...

Stopping at the parts store on the way home...
Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Barry Goldwater

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”