LTC 104

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 3

LTC 104

Post by AF-Odin »

Back in January I (and I assume all other Instructors) received an email from RSD about the new LTC-104 that would replace the LTC 100 and LTC 101. Their email stated that as of 1 May, 100s and 101s would NOT be accepted. I have emailed RSD 4 times asking when the form will be available (I cannot find it on RSD's site). I have NOT received an answer. We are now six weeks out from the mandatory start date and I would like to start using the new form IF IT WAS AVAILABLE. If I cannot find the form by next Monday (18 March) I will call and see as they do not answer emails.
:tiphat:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: LTC 104

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for the update! I haven't seen anything either.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmorris »

Appears they've already removed the 100 & 101.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Well, I called RSD this morning and the individual with whom I spoke, though very polite, stated that the form would be AVAILABLE in May and if I have not seen it by the middle of May to call back. I told her that by the middle of May I expect to have taught at least two classes and their email stated that the LTC 100 WOULD NOT be accepted for any class taught after 1 May. Thanked her for her time and sent yet another email. Next step is that if I do not see the form on the site by mid-April, call my State Rep.
AF-Odin
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Yes, that is not an acceptable response. They either need to accept the old forms or provide us a new one in a timely manner.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Well, here we are at 25 April and RSD claims that the LTC-104 will be available ON 1 May because they do not want anyone to use it before then. We will see. I have a class 30 April (using the LTC-100)and again on 4 May (hopefully with the LTC-104).
AF-Odin
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Greybeard »

Thankfully, I have copies (partially completed) of the LTC-100. And a private class on April 27. In reseaching the DPS web site, I found NO way to print an LTC-100. So, it appears anyone who needs one before May 1 could be up the proverbial creek ......
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Return to “Instructors' Corner”