New laws new price?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
mommagamber
Posts in topic: 2

New laws new price?

Post by mommagamber »

With the class time being shortened and we will no longer have renewals classes are y'all going to be changing your prices? I am trying to figure out what to do.
I conceal carry because I choose not to be a victim.

MasterOfNone
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New laws new price?

Post by MasterOfNone »

No. The price reflects much more than the time spent in class.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

dogflight

Post by dogflight »

At this point I don't intend to change my pricing structure, but in reality it will depend on what the market does. It seems like the average price has been dropping the past two or three years anyway, but production costs don't really change just because we get to talk a few hours less. I'm hoping prices don't sag. It would be nice to see prices boosted a bit by increased demand. Wishful thinking perhaps.
Certified Texas LTC & NRA Instructor/Basic Pistol.

cw3van

Post by cw3van »

MasterOfNone wrote:No. The price reflects much more than the time spent in class.
:iagree: Still have all the class work before the students arrive but will have to wait & see what the market allows.
cw3van
Retired LEO
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,

Topic author
mommagamber

Post by mommagamber »

Ok, that is what I was thinking but I am watching all the places close to me to see what they are going to do. Thanks.
I conceal carry because I choose not to be a victim.

Max1775

Post by Max1775 »

I won't be changing my prices. I put quality first. People will always be able to get it cheaper, but I doubt they can find better... I don't see how I'm going to fit everything in 6 hours of classroom time. Going to take a lot of whittling.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

No price reduction here.
My classroom rent will not go down. Same for lease, insurance, materials to repair shooting line, my A1 Johnny Port-A-Potty.

Nothing will go down.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

A few CHL instructors were at the gun show awhile back and said they will be dropping their price because competitors are doing it. One told me "I have to lower my price or not have any students." Seems ones around here are being forced to offer lower class rates or close up shop.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

goheeled

Post by goheeled »

I plan on a minimal reduction based on the market. $5-10 max.

Rod Townsend
Go Heeled Firearms Training
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Training Counselor & Chief Range Safety Officer

The_Busy_Mom

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

My price will probably go down, but only because my price includes a catered lunch. With the class hours reduction, I will most likely be doing class either before or after lunch, so no need to cater in. However, I will not be reducing any further than the cost of said lunch, which right now is about $12. I am already more expensive than the majority of providers around me, but I have amassed quite a following of students, and have gotten many referrals. I think of my CHL class like I do when buying a house: I don't want to be the most expensive house on the block, but I don't want to be the cheapest.

When I was in corporate world, I worked for a company who wrote computer software for the banking industry. In this software was information about the economic status of every zip code in America. So my company thought, since we already have to have this information for our banking software, let's also make a marketing program using the exact same information, but not just for banks, for everybody. This marketing software we priced pretty low because, heck, it was pure profit. But we couldn't sell it!! The number one reason potential clients did not buy it was because the client thought 'you pay for what you get' so it must be an inferior product. So we raised the price, and bam!! We sold the snot out of it, and became one of the top MCIF software programs. Same info, no program change, the only change that was made was to increase the price. Moral of the story: if the customer perceives value from your product, it will sell. Word of mouth is much more important than a few bucks. And most times, you really do get what you pay for.

:txflag: TBM
Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dogflight

Post by dogflight »

Well said, TBM. :iagree:
Certified Texas LTC & NRA Instructor/Basic Pistol.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”