Action Type NSA

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

MasterOfNone
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Action Type NSA

Post by MasterOfNone »

I guess the question for the DPS instructors is "What crime is committed by a person carrying a semiautomatic handgun with an NSA license?"
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Topic author
txtaxman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txtaxman »

First, I want to thank Mr. Cotton and everyone else for your inputs.

As it happens from time to time, one of my students has now decided she wants to carry a SA. What I understand, so far, is that there is no offense, but she might be hassled, if she shows a NSA Type CHL while carrying a SA. We are told to use the most current version of a form, but the new CHL-70 has no provision to modify a CHL to reflect SA.

My question is how can I help her other than suggesting that she call the CHL Unit of RSD? Surely waiting a few years until renewal is not the only solution. If RSD answers my question, I'll post the answer here.
Lamar County

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

txtaxman wrote:First, I want to thank Mr. Cotton and everyone else for your inputs.

As it happens from time to time, one of my students has now decided she wants to carry a SA. What I understand, so far, is that there is no offense, but she might be hassled, if she shows a NSA Type CHL while carrying a SA. We are told to use the most current version of a form, but the new CHL-70 has no provision to modify a CHL to reflect SA.

My question is how can I help her other than suggesting that she call the CHL Unit of RSD? Surely waiting a few years until renewal is not the only solution. If RSD answers my question, I'll post the answer here.
All replacement CHLs will actually have SA on them until the coding is done to remove that entire field. If your student were to lose or accidentally destroy her current license, then she will have to apply for a replacement.

Chas.

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

Nice. $25 ($27 online) and no class required.

switch

Post by switch »

I suspect those that were so hard headed to get NSA licenses, they will not be carrying SA's.

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by wgoforth »

switch wrote:I suspect those that were so hard headed to get NSA licenses, they will not be carrying SA's.
My experience has been 6 months after getting an NSA license, they want to get an SA.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Capt Roy

Post by Capt Roy »

I've got to ask... What is a CHL_70??

I use a lot of forms but can't recall a 70
Capt Roy
"If it doesn't work, read the instructions. If it still doesn't work, follow them!"
CHL Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer

kg5ie

Post by kg5ie »

Capt Roy wrote:I've got to ask... What is a CHL_70??

I use a lot of forms but can't recall a 70

Paper form used to update or replace a current CHL. (Lost or stolen, name change, address change) Most folks don't use them since you can do it online. Was also used to update a NSA to SA.
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Return to “Instructors' Corner”