Teacher with LTC

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Teacher with LTC

Post by Tex1961 »

I should know this but it's escaping me right now.

Can a teacher in a PRIVATE school with permission and a LTC carry in the classroom OR do they need to take the School Safety Certification course.

This is a private school attached to a local church. They are interested in having some of their teachers being armed in the classroom...

If you do not know the answer and are guessing, please don't reply as this will not help me.

Thanks

Mike S
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Teacher with LTC

Post by Mike S »

The LTC & School Safety Course is NOT a requirement by law.

Written permission is the only requirement under TPC.

The school district may require these, but it is not a requirement by Texas law.

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Mike S wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:31 am The LTC & School Safety Course is NOT a requirement by law.

Written permission is the only requirement under TPC.

The school district may require these, but it is not a requirement by Texas law.
Thank you Mike... I kind of thought that, but defiantly did not want to be wrong on this and get someone in trouble... Funny enough I filled out and have my application on my desk to take the School Safety Instructor class.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

"Thank you Mike... I kind of thought that, but defiantly did not want to be wrong on this and get someone in trouble... Funny enough I filled out and have my application on my desk to take the School Safety Instructor class."

"rlol" "rlol" Defiantly? Good one.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

OldCurlyWolf wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:41 pm "Thank you Mike... I kind of thought that, but defiantly did not want to be wrong on this and get someone in trouble... Funny enough I filled out and have my application on my desk to take the School Safety Instructor class."

Ehh. Stoopid auto correct.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I do know of at least one principal who carries concealed on public school grounds. I assume he is working under the authority with written permission. Although personally, it would not bother me one bit if he was doing it without written permission. There is only one circumstance that would ever require he show his weapon and in that case, we would all be grateful to god he was armed.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Tex1961 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:50 pm
OldCurlyWolf wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:41 pm "Thank you Mike... I kind of thought that, but defiantly did not want to be wrong on this and get someone in trouble... Funny enough I filled out and have my application on my desk to take the School Safety Instructor class."

Ehh. Stoopid auto correct.
I see that often. You are not alone. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Though the School Safety Class is not a requirement as long as the individual has written permission, it is still a good idea to take the class as it contains good information on how to harden a classroom or a school as well as techniques on how to respond to an intruder or active shooter.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Instructors' Corner”