Pass/Fail

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Rabbi
Posts in topic: 17

Re: What in THe WIde World of Sports

Post by Rabbi »

cxm wrote:BALDERDASH!! Utter Balderdash!

I have it figured out now... this is a joke... everyone is supposed to be laughing...

Right?

Chuck

Rabbi wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
Rabbi wrote:(W.D.Ky. 1903)

Uh, you do realize that it is cases like this that establish the fact of what is Federal Jurasdiction? Lock it because you made a statement and I brought up a a scenerio with case law that could effect us all that probably has not be brought up?

Listen, if you think it is far fetched, fine, If you are not going to worry about it that is great as well, but it is these kinds of topics that might lead to people learning something, and at this point I am trying to make that someone me.
Ok, since you think I am wrong, would you please tell me who has jurisdiction on Federal Land that has been ceded by the state?

Would you tell me how that is established, and would you find a case since the 6th district court handed down this ruling that would countermand the contentions I have made. here is a hint, you will find many cases that back up what I have said. If the Government can prove it is federal land and it was ceded by the state, it is a federal case. I used the one from 1903 because it involved something that could be overlooked and was not obvious such as a dam.

I could be wrong, be telling me I am doesnt make it so. Offer the reason.
NFA dealer and Shooting Complex
http://www.bullethole.com

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 6

Post by txinvestigator »

Rabbi wrote:
cxm wrote:BALDERDASH!! Utter Balderdash!

I have it figured out now... this is a joke... everyone is supposed to be laughing...

Right?

Chuck

Rabbi wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
Rabbi wrote:(W.D.Ky. 1903)

Uh, you do realize that it is cases like this that establish the fact of what is Federal Jurasdiction? Lock it because you made a statement and I brought up a a scenerio with case law that could effect us all that probably has not be brought up?

Listen, if you think it is far fetched, fine, If you are not going to worry about it that is great as well, but it is these kinds of topics that might lead to people learning something, and at this point I am trying to make that someone me.
Ok, since you think I am wrong, would you please tell me who has jurisdiction on Federal Land that has been ceded by the state?

Would you tell me how that is established, and would you find a case since the 6th district court handed down this ruling that would countermand the contentions I have made. here is a hint, you will find many cases that back up what I have said. If the Government can prove it is federal land and it was ceded by the state, it is a federal case. I used the one from 1903 because it involved something that could be overlooked and was not obvious such as a dam.

I could be wrong, be telling me I am doesnt make it so. Offer the reason.
Do you ralize how ridiculous you sound? You think you have found 1 very unlikely senario where the CHL instructor immunity not not apply to your thesis and now you are going to harp on it?

Please........ :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

cxm
Posts in topic: 5

Post by cxm »

Unfortunately you have overlooked the fact there is no such thing as a Federal tort... sort of a basic issue to the whole discussion.

Any suit against an instructor the (however unlikely) occured on Federal property would be original jurisdiction of the state court... NOT Federal... and of course tort suit would be estopped by the state law.

Q.E.D.

And I say again... BALDERDASH!

Chuck

Listen, if you think it is far fetched, fine, If you are not going to worry about it that is great as well, but it is these kinds of topics that might lead to people learning something, and at this point I am trying to make that someone me.[/quote][/quote]

I could be wrong, be telling me I am doesnt make it so. Offer the reason.[/quote]
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

Return to “Instructors' Corner”