Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 5

Instructor renewal

Post by howdy »

I received this email back on August 30:

..........CHL INSTRUCTOR RENEWAL:

Many of you have submitted the application, paid the $100 renewal fee, submitted a CHL-90 and the required supporting documents. If you have not already submitted these, please do so soon.

Another email will be forthcoming in the next week to everyone who has submitted renewal applications. The email will indicate if any additional items are required or if the application is complete. CHL Instructors will be required to attend a one day renewal class this year in order to complete the renewal process. This year, we will be conducting classes throughout the State. As of today, we have venues in El Paso and Houston, but plan to add others throughout the State. Those who have completed applications will be notified via email as to the specific dates, times and locations.

We appreciate your patience as we work to implement the changes and to schedule renewal classes.

REGULATORY SERVICES DIVISION
LICENSING AND REGISTRATION SERVICE

Has anyone received the followup email about the required class?
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Instructor renewal

Post by sjfcontrol »

I never even received THAT one... :grumble
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 2

Post by troglodyte »

I haven't recieved this one yet. Of course I didn't receive the first one until I actually submitted my online application then emailed them about them getting my info to L-1 so I could get fingerprinted. Says I need fingerprints on the checklist but the email I got says I don't...yet.

So confusing :confused5

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

A couple of weeks ago I s-mailed ALL the documentation to them (after submitting it electronically TWICE), return receipt requested. A couple of days ago, my status changed from " waiting for required documents", to a status indicating that the investigation is in process and they are awaiting completion of the renewal training requirements. SUCCESS!
Never Forget. Image

Trilogy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Trilogy »

I also have not received the follow-up email with the class dates/locations. It would be nice to get that info with enough time to plan my schedule and register for the class. I hope they have enough seats available in each location. I would hate to get a reply that says "Sorry, that date is full...Try again"
Trilogy
CHL Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

sf340b
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sf340b »

I like/sarc the way this is working out; documentation sent in MUST be 100% accurate or thrown out with no recourse, yet the info coming out is incomprehensible at best and may/may not meet deadlines.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Trilogy wrote:I also have not received the follow-up email with the class dates/locations. It would be nice to get that info with enough time to plan my schedule and register for the class. I hope they have enough seats available in each location. I would hate to get a reply that says "Sorry, that date is full...Try again"
Me too. Harvest is coming up and taking a day off during harvest is almost impossible. The more lead time I have the better.

Trilogy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Trilogy »

I put together my application and supporting documentation and emailed is in to "rsd_lrs_chl@dps.texas.gov" on 9-16-13. I received a reply on 9-26-13 that said they received my completed application and supporting documents along with the class schedule below:

October 2, 2013 - El Paso, Texas
October 3, 2013 – El Paso, Texas
October 21, 2013 – Houston, Texas
October 22, 2013 – Houston, Texas
October 23, 2013 – Houston, Texas
November 5, 2013 – Georgetown, Texas
November 6, 2013 – Georgetown, Texas
November 12, 2013 – Georgetown, Texas
November 13, 2013 – Georgetown, Texas

I made my decision to attend the class on November 6th and emailed them notice of my intentions on 10-4-13. Three days later they confirmed my email with this message, "You are scheduled for class and will receive a confirmation by email regarding class dates and times once they have been finalized". I hope this means that everything is good and that the class will take place as scheduled...but their message leaves the door open for possible changes.
Trilogy
CHL Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

I received the same one TRILOGY did but I asked for Houston 21st or 22nd..
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I asked for Nov 5 in Georgetown so I can see the kids. No answer yet & it has been nearly a week.
:banghead:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Seabear

Post by Seabear »

longtooth wrote:I asked for Nov 5 in Georgetown so I can see the kids. No answer yet & it has been nearly a week.
Hahaha, a week????? "rlol" I've been waiting for a response way longer than that.

I figure nobody will be teaching next year.

I requested a class that is in ten days. I have no idea if I am in, where it is, what time, etc. :headscratch
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

Topic author
howdy

Post by howdy »

Seabear wrote:
longtooth wrote:I asked for Nov 5 in Georgetown so I can see the kids. No answer yet & it has been nearly a week.
Hahaha, a week????? "rlol" I've been waiting for a response way longer than that.

I requested a class that is in ten days. I have no idea if I am in, where it is, what time, etc. :headscratch

There will be the 50% that don't expire this year still teaching. The DPS MIGHT have it figured out by the end of 2014.
Texas LTC Instructor
USMC 1972-1979

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

howdy wrote:
Seabear wrote:

There will be the 50% that don't expire this year still teaching. The DPS MIGHT have it figured out by the end of 2014.
The only certificates that DON'T expire at the end of this year, are those new instructors that received them earlier this year. Everybody else's expires 12/31/2013. No where near 50%. Maybe a couple of hundred.
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
howdy

Post by howdy »

Just got this tonight:

This email serves as your confirmation to attend the CHL Instructor renewal class on October 22, 2013.

Class will be held at the Texas Department of Public Safety office located at 12230 West Road, Houston, TX 77065. Click here for directions. (Please do not contact the Houston DPS office for information about this class. Any questions should be directed to this email address.)

Registration will be held at 7:45am. You must present a state issued driver license or state issued ID card. Class will begin at 8:15am. We anticipate class to end at approximately 6pm; however, the time could vary. Students will be required to attend all of the class and pass a written examination. We will not be conducting proficiency demonstration at this time. You will be permitted to demonstrate proficiency with any certified Texas CHL Instructor at a later date. Further instruction regarding proficiency demonstration will be provided during the class.

Only those receiving this confirmation email are registered to attend. Guests (including other CHL instructors) are not permitted to attend this class. Students are expected to adhere to the following rules:
Texas LTC Instructor
USMC 1972-1979

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

And the rules were?...
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Instructors' Corner”