Range Rental - North Fort Worth ??

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

rob777
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Range Rental - North Fort Worth ??

Post by rob777 »

Resurrecting an old thread as I'm looking for a range in the Dallas area for LTC qualifications. Anyone know if Elm Fork still rents lanes to outside instructors? Any other places in the area that have popped up recently?
"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

rob777
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rob777 »

Don't think I was beating anyone up with my inquiry... just asking if the instructors on the forum know of any ranges in Dallas that are friendly to outside instructors. Here in Houston there are some ranges that allow us to do the LTC qualifications and some that don't.
What are LTC instructors in the Dallas area doing for range time?
"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

switch
Posts in topic: 8

Post by switch »

I don't think the issue is 'controlling everyone on their range'. After all, they will still have their own RSO's overseeing everything. Why wouldn't it be safer to have the LTC instructor also watching the student. To me this is just a justification. Granted, some of our students are new and inexperienced. What's to keep them from coming in, renting a gun and using their range w/o any prior safety instruction, w/o a LTC instructor supervising their gun handling????

I think they are restricting their range access to protect their LTC classes/instructors. If I can't take my students to their range, my students may have to come pay them for training. :( Early in the program some ranges charged a premium for instructors to bring in students. I always thought that was short sighted. After all, we are bringing them new potential customers. After they get licensed, they will need a place to come practice. They should give our students a discount or even better, give instructors a kick-back for bringing in new customers. :)

That's why I allow outside instructors to use my range, hell, I encourage them. :)

Return to “Instructors' Corner”