Anyone from here attending the Instructor Class on June 10?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
maximus2161
Posts in topic: 7

Anyone from here attending the Instructor Class on June 10?

Post by maximus2161 »

I sent my application off for the instructor class literally 3 weeks ago. I was told there was no way I could get in to the upcoming class on June 10th for instructor. Today is June 6th and I got a call from DPS that I am in. They had to call because they advised they could not mail me a packet in time with all the information for the class. Instead they emailed me everything.

I had not prepared to go but I am scrambling to get everything in line to go. Is anyone else from the forum attending the instructor class in Round Rock (Austin)?

Patrick

Starvin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Starvin »

I will be there. Looks as though you are one fortunate individual, this has got to be a record! I only know of one other person from here that will be there, Granny Glock. Were you able to get a room at the hotel? If you need the number let me know and I will PM it to you. Looking forward to meeting you.

Topic author
maximus2161

Post by maximus2161 »

Yea tell me about it! It was fast!

I called the hotel today to get a rooms and was told they were totally booked. I checked online and it said they were sold out as well. So I called the hotels 800 number and they said there were available rooms. So I booked one and called the hotel back and confirmed and sure enough they had me in. Go figure.

Since I sent in my packet so late I didnt think I would get in. So I was shocked when I got a call from them today.

jimd1981

Post by jimd1981 »

I'll be there as well, but I'm staying up the road at the Day's Inn. The schedule is packed, isn't it? 8am to 9pm, reminds me of work! :grin:

Topic author
maximus2161

Post by maximus2161 »

Yes I was surprised at the schedule...but I'd rather do that then have to do it for 5 days. So 3 and half days isnt bad. Just going to be tired! Any reason why you are staying at a different hotel?

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

OK Patrick I will volunteer to be your first guinea pig ;-)

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

By the way Congratulations to all of you. :party:

Topic author
maximus2161

Post by maximus2161 »

carlson1 wrote:OK Patrick I will volunteer to be your first guinea pig ;-)
Well thank you.....assuming all goes well with the class!

jimd1981

Post by jimd1981 »

maximus2161 wrote:Yes I was surprised at the schedule...but I'd rather do that then have to do it for 5 days. So 3 and half days isnt bad. Just going to be tired! Any reason why you are staying at a different hotel?
Heh, the usual reason, I guess. I got the "no room at the inn" routine from the front desk, and a good AAA rate a few blocks (literally) down the road. The only issue I had was finding a revolver to take the test with (found a buddy with a S&W .357. I loaned him an H&K USP .45 until after the 15th)

Look forward to seeing you guys on Monday - Jim

Topic author
maximus2161

Post by maximus2161 »

I just sent you a PM.

Well those of us from the Texas CHL Forum need to be sure to be on the look out for each other.

Starvin

Post by Starvin »

I found myself borrowing a revolver as well, S&W 19-5. This has led yet, to another problem...I have fallen in love with this pistol. Looks as though I will have to figure out a way around the wife on this one. The old "Naw dear, I have had this one for quite a while", has quit working a while back. I am looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Sidhepro
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Sidhepro »

I'll be there as well. I honestly thought I'd have to postpone until the next go-round, because I had a schedule conflict (testing with APD, was supposed to do that Thursday and Friday, can't be in two places at once), but I was able to push my testing date with APD until later in the month so that I can attend this. Rather nice of them actually, didn't expect that they'd go for it.

I'm driving in, not staying at one of the hotels in the area, so I should be thoroughly grumpy by Thursday.

Kat

Kat

Texas CHL Instructor
My Dogma got ran over by my Karma.....
Am fear nach gheidh na h-airm 'nam na sìth,
Cha bhi iad aige 'n am a chogaidh.

GrannyGlock
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GrannyGlock »

I count 5 of us then. Be looking for everyone tomorrow morning!

Jim
Patrick
Starvin
Kat
Darla - That's me!

Sidhepro
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Sidhepro »

Ok,

So how shall we know each other when we see each other??

I'll be in an OD green top (either plain or a LaRue Tactical t-shirt) and jeans. I'll most likely have a LaRue ballcap on with my shooting glasses (rose lenses) propped up on top (my normal mode of dress).

LONG blonde hair, 5'6". If folks are milling outside at any point, I drive a silver Charger.

Kat

Kat

Texas CHL Instructor
My Dogma got ran over by my Karma.....
Am fear nach gheidh na h-airm 'nam na sìth,
Cha bhi iad aige 'n am a chogaidh.

Topic author
maximus2161

Post by maximus2161 »

It was great meeting everyone!

Kat, I left for the class before I could read your post! Dang! Did you find anyone else?

Return to “Instructors' Corner”