9/1- I'll start it; When do we get info on instructor renewal?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

kg5ie
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 9/1- I'll start it; When do we get info on instructor renewal?

Post by kg5ie »

Anyone called the RSD lately to see where we stand on instructor renewal?
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

txtaxman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txtaxman »

Since the section of the DPS web site pertaining to Instructor Renewals was down at the time, I mailed a renewal package on October 19th. The check cleared my bank on October 30th. Otherwise, I have heard nothing from DPS.
Lamar County

switch
Posts in topic: 2

Post by switch »

I doubt if we all call it will speed them up. :( I figure they are busy and will get to it when they can.
The site is back up, we can 'renew' online, but they still do not have the new CHL16 nor updated test. :(
I assume they will update those when they add the retention video.
I check every few days.

glock75

Post by glock75 »

I was able to finally go online and start the instructor renewal process last week. Paid my fee and got confirmation of such. Today, I got an email from RSD as follows:

"You have completed the initial part of the Instructor Renewal application process and we need no further documentation at this time. Additional instructions regarding “phase two” and the completion of the renewal process will be provided in email at a later date.

* There will be no “In Person” classes or proficiency requirements this year for the instructor renewal."

So, I suspect that they are now processing all of the renewal applications and will sending out emails accordingly to those who have paid and submitted there renewal application. Of course, I wonder what is meant by 'phase two'.....
NRA, DPS and Rangemaster Certified Firearms Instructor
RWDefense.com

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Hmmmmmm I hope phase two has nothing to do with rubber gloves and grabbing ankles. :confused5
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

infoman

Post by infoman »

"Phase 2" is going to be an online video and possible online exam and you'll have to fill out and send in a CHL-90A once you watch the video. None of this has been put on the DPS website as yet. But I've heard it will be on there soon. (No one knows exact date).

Return to “Instructors' Corner”