A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

CHL-8 Receipt Confirmation

Post by RossA »

I always submit my typed out CHL-8 through the DPS-RSD website directly to the state. In the past, I have always received an email confirmation that the state has received my form within about 24 hours.
Last week I submitted a form in the same way and have not yet received a verification. Sent a regular email this morning asking if they received my form, but haven't heard back yet.
Do the rest of you normally receive confirmation of receipt from the state? Have you had any trouble getting confirmations back recently?
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

kg5ie
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL-8 Receipt Confirmation

Post by kg5ie »

The confirmation emails are really slow these days if you are speaking of the one actually from a human telling you the CHL-8 has been added to your file.
I submitted one Sunday 8/14 and received the email Friday night 8/19. I guess Danette was working late to catch up.
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

I got an automated reply Saturday (8/20) afternoon for using the contact form, and then a 'human' generated reply Monday morning (8/22) acknowledging receipt of that CHL8, added to file, etc.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

jadoti

Post by jadoti »

When I submitted my CHL-8, it got a human response in a couple days. When I submitted my passport scan as proof of citizenship (on 8/11) I've still yet to receive any confirmation. Submitted again and still no response.

Same boat as you, they seem to ignore any queries about it as well.
Proud NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Tried calling today and got a recording saying to call back later.

Topic author
RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

OK, now it gets even weirder.
I received an email response from DPS late yesterday afternoon saying that they have not received any email CHL-8's from me since November of 2015. I emailed them back and told them that I have their email confirmations of CHL-8's that I have sent in since then. I hate to think that my certificate may be in danger if DPS thinks that I have not been sending in my forms as required.
I have not yet heard back from them after my last email.

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

I snail mail all of mine. Things happen on the Inet. . I also have a flip phone no text for me. :yawn
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

Will Beararms

Post by Will Beararms »

I e-filed everything, prints included on 6/5. They acknowledged on Monday 6/6. On Saturday, 7/2, I had plastic in the mailbox. Submitting a scan of the completed course work took three attempts. The system was quirky but it could have been my browser settings.

Topic author
RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

OK, so just for the heck of it, I went back online and resubmitted the form on the state website. Went through and within minutes I had a confirmation email.
Don't ask me, maybe they were just having computer problems.
Still concerned about the fact that I have other confirming emails from them for other classes, but they say they never received the form.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

I had only received on CHL8 confirmation once since the end of MAY, I did receive a" Thank You for Contacting ", each time, but that is not a confirm Email. I called and was told they did not have any CHL8's from me since End of March. I was given a fax#, which did not go through. I decided after the last class to send it and the last 4 CHL8s in. Suddenly I receive a Thank you, followed by a Confirmation.

I do know that none of my students have not reported that their licenses were being delayed by no Instructor or CHL8 confirmation. I really have no idea what is going on.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

thetexan

Post by thetexan »

I always get two. I get a response and thanks for sending an email to them.

Then a day or two later I get one saying they received the Chl-8 class completion.

The only time I don't get the second one is when I forget to hit the submit button to send the Chl-8.

Remember. You have to first attach the file then submit the file. 2 operations.

Tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

thetexan wrote:I always get two. I get a response and thanks for sending an email to them.

Then a day or two later I get one saying they received the Chl-8 class completion.

The only time I don't get the second one is when I forget to hit the submit button to send the Chl-8.

Remember. You have to first attach the file then submit the file. 2 operations.

Tex
Your right but that was not the case. They suddenly found the originals after I resent and persistently checked for a reason. I respect what they do, but expect what they do to get done.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

lancermit

Post by lancermit »

Okay... Get this!

I always ask my students to shoot me an email when they get their license, so I know what to tell new students when they ask how long it'll take to get theirs.

Recently, I had a student email me saying that he got his license IN JUST 4 DAYS after submitting all his paperwork!!! Wow! That's interesting, because I hadn't even submitted my CHL-8 document yet!! I always submit my CHL-8 forms within the 5 day limit, but hadn't submitted it for HIS class yet!

I have a phone number that gets me to a particular gal in the CHL office. So, I called her and asked about it.

She said... (paraphrasing) "Yeah, well, that happens sometimes. We don't always wait for the CHL-8 if they've submitted all their required information.

Really?! Some of you are saying that they complain about not receiving your CHL-8 submissions, yet she seems to intimate that they don't always reconcile their applications with OUR CHL-8 forms! That's Baaaaddd.

:banghead: :eek6 :banghead: :eek6
:confused5
“You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.” -Al Capone

http://www.lonestarguntraining.com

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

I've had some issues with the online submission. It appears to go through on my end but I don't receive a receipt reply. I wait a couple of days and then try to remember to resend it. I've even mailed duplicate copies when I realize I haven't received the receipt reply with a note stating the issue and would appreciate some kind of receipt that they received my snail-mail. I have haven't heard from them yet. I guess I'm going to have to send them certified mail with a signature request. Although I don't know what that would really prove if push comes to shove.

I'm complying on my end but I have no indication that the DPS is receiving it.

I never had any trouble until a few months ago.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”