CHL-100

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 2

CHL-100

Post by howdy »

I have never had to do this hence the question. Will DPS accept a CHL-100 that has been copied. I messed up and did not sign in one place for a student and he is not close to me. I mailed him a new one on Monday and he has not received it yet. Can I just scan a completed copy and email it to him?

Thanks for the reply
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

KurtFTW
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL-100

Post by KurtFTW »

howdy wrote:I have never had to do this hence the question. Will DPS accept a CHL-100 that has been copied. I messed up and did not sign in one place for a student and he is not close to me. I mailed him a new one on Monday and he has not received it yet. Can I just scan a completed copy and email it to him?

Thanks for the reply
I would think that if all the information on the "copy" is the same as the information on the original that it would be perfectly acceptable. And even convenient for the student as he would have a .pdf copy all ready to send to the DPS. I do not see why it would not be acceptable in the slightest.
NRA 5 Year Member | Sig Sauer P320

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

If the student uploads the CHL-100 to dps, then they are getting a copy anyway. In an electronic world, there is really no difference between an original, and a copy.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Emailing him the signed PDF will work fine. Just remind the student to sign it at the bottom & re-scan it into PDF before uploading to the DPS' website.

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by howdy »

Thx to all the replies
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I too, have had to do it this way a handful of times. When they changed to the new CHL form I had to do a couple and just put an asterisk on bottom that said it was an original copy and dated it, but dates on certificate reflected class date. Both received their LTC without problems and one was over a year and a half after class.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

thunderarms

Post by thunderarms »

They will also accept a fax of the CHL-100...cant get any more copied than that
Member Lee County Sheriffs office

Return to “Instructors' Corner”