My Ship Has Come In

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

My Ship Has Come In

Post by howdy »

I just got this in a email. I am so excited!!!

Hello ,

Trust you are well . I came across your contact as a firearm instructor . I will like you to schedule two of my staffs for basic firearm training on physical premise security . They both have a handgun with ammo(.375 caliber) . They have no criminal record and are both male above 20years old. They are without prior firearm experience. I want the training sessions to be private and basic.

Let me know how much you charge per hour for training and also the the dates you would be available on January 20th.

I have a private driver that will be bringing them for their training once we conclude on dates and payments.

What types of credit cards do you accept for payment? Kindly get back to me with answers to all my questions for us to proceed.

Best Regards,
Olivia
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

J.R.@A&M

Re: My Ship Has Come In

Post by J.R.@A&M »

.375 H&H? That's some handgun.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

KLB

Post by KLB »

Odd. I would inquire what's going on.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Me thinks the prospective students need to be run through a background check.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Probably spam, though more verbose than most I've seen. I periodically get 1-2 line requests like: "Do you offer handgun training, and do you accept credit cards."
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Maybe they are Nigerian Princes, and you will be able to get a lot of money if you take a check and send them the cash?

:smilelol5:

Yeah, I am also curious as to what dates you will be available on January 20th. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Scam. Note the exaggerated usage of plurals. "rlol"

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

parabelum wrote:Scam. Note the exaggerated usage of plurals. "rlol"
Exactly what I was thinking. The grammar is really off, just like one of those great deals from overseas.

Maybe that's what the OP is hinting at about his "ship" coming in.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Very similar to this one from just over a year ago.

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 5#p1009295

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

It is interesting that they want the training to take place on Inauguration day.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

WOW And on the same day I got a Letter from Ed McMahan saying I may already be a winner ...

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

$10,000 per hour per person, payable in unmarked, verified legitimate US Currency in advance.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:$10,000 per hour per person, payable in unmarked, verified legitimate US Currency in advance.

Also placed in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnell's back porch. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

howdy wrote:I just got this in a email. I am so excited!!!

Hello ,

Trust you are well . I came across your contact as a firearm instructor . I will like you to schedule two of my staffs for basic firearm training on physical premise security . They both have a handgun with ammo(.375 caliber) . They have no criminal record and are both male above 20years old. They are without prior firearm experience. I want the training sessions to be private and basic.

Let me know how much you charge per hour for training and also the the dates you would be available on January 20th.

I have a private driver that will be bringing them for their training once we conclude on dates and payments.

What types of credit cards do you accept for payment? Kindly get back to me with answers to all my questions for us to proceed.

Best Regards,
Olivia
It's a scam. I STILL get emails like that wanting to know what I charge for a website, and the one thing they all have in common is asking me at the end of the email if I accept credit card payment. If you respond in the affirmative, I'll almost guarantee that their next move will be to tell you that they need to pay the students, and can you accept a credit card payment for $XXXX more than your fee, and then give the students that $XXXX in cash. If you're foolish enough to accept, you'll find that minutes after you process their "payment" and hand over the cash, the card has been cancelled and leads to closed account.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Instructors' Corner”