School Safety Certification Instructor Course Completed!

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
paultmartin
Posts in topic: 1

School Safety Certification Instructor Course Completed!

Post by paultmartin »

Bottom line: if you teach LTC on a regular basis, you will have no problem passing this course.

It is very well done. I encourage any LTC instructor, whether they ever plan on teaching the school safety course or not, to take the instructor course. You will enjoy visiting with your fellow LTC instructors as well as the DPS instructors. Plus the training center in Florence is really cool.

My write up is below.

http://www.prepperdepot.org/blog/prepar ... chool-zone

Greybeard

Re: School Safety Certification Instructor Course Completed!

Post by Greybeard »

Excellent recap, Paul. I also enjoyed the 2 days with all. Great class by some excellent presenters. And will reiterate here what you/they said about not necessarily elaborating too much on the curriculum, especially on a public forum. I will say that it is 12:34 a.m. and I am still winding down from the events of the day - and coffee required for the 5 hours home on I-35.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 2

Post by troglodyte »

:iagree:

Very well done class. I appreciated meeting all of you and the insights you brought to class. We were very diverse with several current or former LEO, military, competition shooters, and educators. Ranging from metroplexes to rural. I feel we had a broad spectrum of experience and we all contributed and learned from each other well.

Much appreciation to Lt. Nix, Sgt. Bamsch, and the range crew. Top notch. All were very professional, knowledgeable, and respectful. We were treated as guest and the DPS was a gracious host. At not time were we ever treated as "civilians". We were treated as equals, all striving towards the same goals.

We were also joined by Mr. Allen and Ms. Morin from RSD. They took good notes and provided good information and clarification on the regulatory side of things. We were appreciative of their attendance.

We learned a lot from the DPS and they, in turn, learn a little from us. A very good experience.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Paulmartin and Troglodyte,

Thanks to both of you for your excellent recaps. I originally had some reluctance to add this certification, but (after I get finished with a busy spring in my "day-job") I will be applying to add this instructor cert. Again, THANKS to both of you.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

Thank you all for your actively promoting and improving safety for all people and specifically our children.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

troglodyte wrote::iagree:

Very well done class. I appreciated meeting all of you and the insights you brought to class. We were very diverse with several current or former LEO, military, competition shooters, and educators. Ranging from metroplexes to rural. I feel we had a broad spectrum of experience and we all contributed and learned from each other well.

Much appreciation to Lt. Nix, Sgt. Bamsch, and the range crew. Top notch. All were very professional, knowledgeable, and respectful. We were treated as guest and the DPS was a gracious host. At not time were we ever treated as "civilians". We were treated as equals, all striving towards the same goals.

We were also joined by Mr. Allen and Ms. Morin from RSD. They took good notes and provided good information and clarification on the regulatory side of things. We were appreciative of their attendance.

We learned a lot from the DPS and they, in turn, learn a little from us. A very good experience.
They were always top notch. Why would you not want to be treated as civilians, after all they are civilians as well.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

twomillenium wrote: They were always top notch. Why would you not want to be treated as civilians, after all they are civilians as well.
You will note that I put civilian in quotes, "civilians", to denote a negative connotation. I understand they are too civilians. When dealing with some agencies you are made to feel you are below them. Please do not read more into the statement that what is there. The DPS, as stated, were gracious hosts and we were made to feel at home. Every interaction I have ever had with the DPS, from DL, to traffic stops, to casual conversations, to training or renewals has always been professional and courteous. This was no exception.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Not meaning to demean, just needed clarification and you did that. :thumbs2:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”