LTC Instructor schedule. What day for you?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

kg5ie
Posts in topic: 2

Re: LTC Instructor schedule. What day for you?

Post by kg5ie »

twomillenium wrote:
RossA wrote:[quote="twomillenium"
I believe I did online registration in the middle of May and sent CHL90 in just a few days later I also sent the rest of my documentation. I was just notified today of my LTC class date. I did send a request for that date as I would already have to be in Austin area for the School Safety Class Certification on August 17 & 18. I think maybe they did this to accommodate that and if they did I really appreciate it. If they didn't then I got lucky. In my world, I like to think that someone finally gave me the VIP treatment that I always deserved but never received. Yeah, yeah, I have been told before that, "I am a legend in my own mind".
How did you send a request for a certain date? Just an email? I hope I didn't miss some blank on a form where you can request a date.
I was already involved with the School Safety Class and I asked if it would also suffice for LTC instructor renewal. Was told that no it did not, but if I wanted to request one of the August 16th LTC instructor renewal classes, then they would try to accommodate that, since I would be staying in Austin area already.
Sometimes, you get lucky and things kinda work out.[/quote]

The email invite offered 4 different dates and morning or afternoon. You select and request by return email. Good to have options,
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 12

Post by twomillenium »

kg5ie wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
RossA wrote:[quote="twomillenium"
I believe I did online registration in the middle of May and sent CHL90 in just a few days later I also sent the rest of my documentation. I was just notified today of my LTC class date. I did send a request for that date as I would already have to be in Austin area for the School Safety Class Certification on August 17 & 18. I think maybe they did this to accommodate that and if they did I really appreciate it. If they didn't then I got lucky. In my world, I like to think that someone finally gave me the VIP treatment that I always deserved but never received. Yeah, yeah, I have been told before that, "I am a legend in my own mind".
How did you send a request for a certain date? Just an email? I hope I didn't miss some blank on a form where you can request a date.
I was already involved with the School Safety Class and I asked if it would also suffice for LTC instructor renewal. Was told that no it did not, but if I wanted to request one of the August 16th LTC instructor renewal classes, then they would try to accommodate that, since I would be staying in Austin area already.
Sometimes, you get lucky and things kinda work out.

The email invite offered 4 different dates and morning or afternoon. You select and request by return email. Good to have options,[/quote]

Choose quickly before the one you want fills up. :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

switch

Post by switch »

August 14, PM

Apparently, I deleted the first email. After contacting DPS, they resent it. It offered all 4 days in Aug, both AM & PM. I got an email confirming my choice w/instructions about an hour after I responded.

A friend that wants to carpool called about his email. He was told to use the email I got and register, since he had already met all the requirements. Normally, it would be a couple of weeks before he'd receive his own email.

Incidentally, I used to cuss DPS because I thought they were ignoring my emails. I have since learned that they are not very friendly w/other browsers. If I use Explorer, it normally goes through. When I use Google Chrome, it appears to hang up. If do not you get a screen thanking you for contacting DPS, you email did not go through. You should get an email response quickly telling you they received your request and were acting on it.

Topic author
twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

There have been times that the "thank you" email does not show up in a timely manner I usually give 48 hours. I have sent a few chl8's because of this and then suddenly I will receive three different "thank you" emails, presumably for the same CHL8. :shock:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

deertrax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by deertrax »

New to TX CHL forum. First post. Received email invitation today and replied for Aug 16 AM. Awaiting confirmation. Submitted application online with supporting documents on Jun 11 - almost 4 weeks ago. Received confirmation Aug 7.
Last edited by deertrax on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Certified RSO & Instructor (Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun), NRA Member, TSRA Member

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Sent my CHL90 on 6/14. Received invite afternoon of 7/10.

Requested 8/17 Afternoon or 8/14 Afternoon. Am open for dinner meetup...mostly so the traffic clears out before I head back to Houston and to shoot the breeze with fellow instructors.
Last edited by Scott B. on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Scott B. wrote:Sent my CHL90 on 6/14. Received invite afternoon of 7/10.

Requested 9/17 Afternoon or 9/14 Afternoon. Am open for dinner meetup...mostly so the traffic clears out before I head back to Houston and to shoot the breeze with fellow instructors.
If you are in the 9/17 I will be in the School Safety Class til 5pm or so. Let me know. 9/14, I will be in Houston, my class for LTC Instructor renewal will be 9/16 afternoon. Let me know!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'll be in the Tuesday, 8/15 1:00PM to 5:00PM class.

Chas.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

twomillenium wrote:
Scott B. wrote:Sent my CHL90 on 6/14. Received invite afternoon of 7/10.

Requested 8/17 Afternoon or 8/14 Afternoon. Am open for dinner meetup...mostly so the traffic clears out before I head back to Houston and to shoot the breeze with fellow instructors.
If you are in the 8/17 I will be in the School Safety Class til 5pm or so. Let me know. 8/14, I will be in Houston, my class for LTC Instructor renewal will be 8/16 afternoon. Let me know!
Got the August 17th Afternoon slot.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

I don't know if this has been thought of, and it is a little bit selfish. It would be nice if the local guys would take the interior weekday classes if possible and allow some of us that have to travel to have the Monday classes. Saves us from having to take off work more days than we have to. Sorry to sound petty but vacation days are limited.

I'm still waiting for my dates. Sent in my paperwork June 26.

Edit: There are no Friday classes.
Last edited by troglodyte on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Topic author
twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

troglodyte wrote:I don't know if this has been thought of, and it is a little bit selfish. It would be nice if the local guys would take the interior weekday classes if possible and allow some of us that have to travel to have the Monday and Friday classes. Saves us from having to take off work more days than we have to. Sorry to sound petty but vacation days are limited.

I think the classes are Mon -Thur. I have to be in School Safety Class on Thurs & Friday that is why I took the Wed afternoon class.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

twomillenium wrote:
troglodyte wrote:I don't know if this has been thought of, and it is a little bit selfish. It would be nice if the local guys would take the interior weekday classes if possible and allow some of us that have to travel to have the Monday and Friday classes. Saves us from having to take off work more days than we have to. Sorry to sound petty but vacation days are limited.

I think the classes are Mon -Thur. I have to be in School Safety Class on Thurs & Friday that is why I took the Wed afternoon class.
You are correct. I got it in my head they were two 5-day weeks. I guess I'll try to get a Monday morning if possible so I can get down there Sunday and drive back Monday afternoon.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Topic author
twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

troglodyte wrote:
twomillenium wrote:

You are correct. I got it in my head they were two 5-day weeks. I guess I'll try to get a Monday morning if possible so I can get down there Sunday and drive back Monday afternoon.
If you can get the Wed afternoon on the 16th let me know so we can meet up.

kjolly

Post by kjolly »

I picked 8/14 PM. Knowing Georgetown did not want to be snarled in AM traffic and arrive late.
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Certified Trainer, IDPA
NRA Range Safety Officer

http://www.tacticalpistol.us

rob777

Post by rob777 »

Got my invite this morning and requested the Tuesday, 8/15 afternoon class
"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

Return to “Instructors' Corner”