LTC Instructor schedule. What day for you?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
twomillenium
Posts in topic: 12

LTC Instructor schedule. What day for you?

Post by twomillenium »

I have scheduled the August 16, PM class. Anyone else in this class, we could meet after for dinner or before for lunch. Class is 1-5 PM.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

Re: LTC Instructor schedule. What day for you?

Post by Mike S »

August 16th, A.M. Class.

I don't have the block time yet, but guessing 8-noon. By the time we're heading out y'all will likely be done with lunch & heading that way.

Topic author
twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Maybe we can at least do a "high five or knuckles" as we pass by just so we can say we eyeballed each other. I will be staying in town as I will be doing the School Safety Instructor Certification class on the 17th &18th. Anyone scheduled for that as well?
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Looks like we can do lunch on Thursday and Friday then! I'll be doing the SSC as well. Looking forward to it. I had to decline the first two classes because of work conflicts.

kg5ie

Post by kg5ie »

twomillenium wrote:I have scheduled the August 16, PM class. Anyone else in this class, we could meet after for dinner or before for lunch. Class is 1-5 PM.

I have requested the 8/16 PM class as well. No confirmation yet.
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Topic author
twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Mike S wrote:Looks like we can do lunch on Thursday and Friday then! I'll be doing the SSC as well. Looking forward to it. I had to decline the first two classes because of work conflicts.
The memo I received, said that packing a lunch would be recommended. That is what I plan to do, at least on Thursday. I will probably go out of my way and get a couple of Rudy's breakfast tacos in the AM that will allow me to eat light at lunch. Of course, depending on activities, that could change. ;-)

Topic author
twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

kg5ie wrote:
twomillenium wrote:I have scheduled the August 16, PM class. Anyone else in this class, we could meet after for dinner or before for lunch. Class is 1-5 PM.

I have requested the 8/16 PM class as well. No confirmation yet.
Let me know when you find out. It would be great to meet up.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

After you submitted your paperwork, how long did it take for them to allow you to pick a class? I haven't heard back since I submitted everything. Always get scared when the state is sending out stuff and I don't get word of it.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

RossA wrote:After you submitted your paperwork, how long did it take for them to allow you to pick a class? I haven't heard back since I submitted everything. Always get scared when the state is sending out stuff and I don't get word of it.
I don't have anything either.

Chas.

Topic author
twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
RossA wrote:After you submitted your paperwork, how long did it take for them to allow you to pick a class? I haven't heard back since I submitted everything. Always get scared when the state is sending out stuff and I don't get word of it.
I don't have anything either.

Chas.
I believe I did online registration in the middle of May and sent CHL90 in just a few days later I also sent the rest of my documentation. I was just notified today of my LTC class date. I did send a request for that date as I would already have to be in Austin area for the School Safety Class Certification on August 17 & 18. I think maybe they did this to accommodate that and if they did I really appreciate it. If they didn't then I got lucky. In my world, I like to think that someone finally gave me the VIP treatment that I always deserved but never received. Yeah, yeah, I have been told before that, "I am a legend in my own mind".

o b juan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by o b juan »

Filled out application on line on the 10th of June. Then sent all the stuff they wanted snailmail .
Today rece ived particulars on location and start time. :cheers2:
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

[quote="twomillenium"
I believe I did online registration in the middle of May and sent CHL90 in just a few days later I also sent the rest of my documentation. I was just notified today of my LTC class date. I did send a request for that date as I would already have to be in Austin area for the School Safety Class Certification on August 17 & 18. I think maybe they did this to accommodate that and if they did I really appreciate it. If they didn't then I got lucky. In my world, I like to think that someone finally gave me the VIP treatment that I always deserved but never received. Yeah, yeah, I have been told before that, "I am a legend in my own mind".[/quote]

How did you send a request for a certain date? Just an email? I hope I didn't miss some blank on a form where you can request a date.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

goheeled

Post by goheeled »

Aug 14th - PM

Rod Townsend
Go Heeled Firearms Training
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Training Counselor & Chief Range Safety Officer

howdy

Post by howdy »

Got the email today and requested Tuesday, Aug 15 PM
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Topic author
twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

RossA wrote:[quote="twomillenium"
I believe I did online registration in the middle of May and sent CHL90 in just a few days later I also sent the rest of my documentation. I was just notified today of my LTC class date. I did send a request for that date as I would already have to be in Austin area for the School Safety Class Certification on August 17 & 18. I think maybe they did this to accommodate that and if they did I really appreciate it. If they didn't then I got lucky. In my world, I like to think that someone finally gave me the VIP treatment that I always deserved but never received. Yeah, yeah, I have been told before that, "I am a legend in my own mind".
How did you send a request for a certain date? Just an email? I hope I didn't miss some blank on a form where you can request a date.[/quote]
I was already involved with the School Safety Class and I asked if it would also suffice for LTC instructor renewal. Was told that no it did not, but if I wanted to request one of the August 16th LTC instructor renewal classes, then they would try to accommodate that, since I would be staying in Austin area already.
Sometimes, you get lucky and things kinda work out.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”