How long to wait?

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

How long to wait?

Post by Vol Texan »

I see countless discussions on here as to how long it may take to obtain a new or renewed LTC, but this one I’ve not heard yet...

Assuming I pass the LTC instructor course in December of this year, how long do y’all think I’ll have to wait until I am allowed to teach?
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How long to wait?

Post by KC5AV »

I left my initial instructor class with my certificate in my hands. You should be able to teach upon completion of the class.
NRA lifetime member

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

KC5AV wrote:I left my initial instructor class with my certificate in my hands. You should be able to teach upon completion of the class.
Awesome. Thanks for the insight. I’m looking forward to the class.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

When I took the my original course years ago, I left with the certification in hand, that is even how they handled renewals. Now days, I understand that they mail it to you, the latest renewal was received about a week after class, as was the SSCI (School Safety Certification Instructor) certificate.
Still it is less time than it took to get into the class. ;-)
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”