Fingerprinting

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Fingerprinting

Post by jmorris »

I'm having a senior moment. When the LTC application process kicks you out to the fingerprinting site, is there a list or is it one company? If one, company and price?

My moments seem to be getting longer and longer.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

twomillenium

Re: Fingerprinting

Post by twomillenium »

One company with several venders. Price $9.95 + tax.
I believe the company is Identigo
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Thanks
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

umm correct spelling (which always trips me up too on this company) is http://www.identogo.com/
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:umm correct spelling (which always trips me up too on this company) is http://www.identogo.com/
yeah, yeah what he said. :lol:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

hitwsr

Post by hitwsr »

I may or may not know a person who operates an IdentoGo Location.

Instructors, here is some info to prepare your students so they can get in and out fast.

1. Have an appointment.
Appointments can't be scheduled until they apply for the LTC.
Once they receive their checklist they will receive an email from " nobody@uemail.identogo. com "
Once they receive that email, they are "in the system". At that point they can click the link on the checklist,
or, call the 888-467-2080 # (currently option 1, then 3). If asked for the service code it's 119Q91 (also on checklist)
Students will need to provide demographic info, verify a few things, then select location. (zip code based).
If on the phone with someone they can be helpful with choosing date, location, and time.
If doing online, sometimes can be confusing. Some locations show no appointments available, well, actually it really means
no current day or week appointments, you can choose a later date. Most locations have appointments a week or two out available.
It's kinda rare in popular locations to have a same day/week appointment unless there has been a cancellation.
Most locations schedule appointments every 5-10 minutes.
Be on time.

2. Be Prepared.
Show up on the -Correct- date and time. Read your confirmation email. Read it again.
Confirm Date, Time, and Location before you head out to your appointment.
Have your ID and Payment ready to give to the Enrollment Agent (don't dig thru wallets and purses)
Bring -Correct- Verification ID (DL, ID, Passport, Resident Card, Temp/Paper ID)
Bring -Correct- method of payment. Credit Card, Debit Card, Money Order, Business Check
Cards must be in YOUR name, if not, owner of card must be present to sign.
NO Cash accepted. Money orders and Business checks will be $10. Credit cards come out to $10.21

3. Print Session
Let them print you. Don't try and print yourself.
Relax your hands and fingers. They will guide you on what/how to do it.
Keep your elbows and shoulders relaxed and even or low.
Have clean hands. No creams, grease, oils, etc.
If you ate a taco, hot dog, corn dog, burrito, etc before your appointment, wash up.
If your car has excessive armor all on it, wash up.

4. Don'ts
Don't bring an entourage. You don't need 3 friends for moral support.
Don't tell stories of how many times you have been printed,
Don't tell them about your top secret security clearance.
Don't be on phone or answer calls during appointment.
Don't ask them what to do next. Instructors should have already told them what to do and when to do it.
Don't leave your ID in the car. Don't bring your spouses credit card. Don't bring cash.
Don't make the check or money order for $11 just in case.
Don't have expired ID or Credit/Debit Card.
Don't have mangled or chewed up cards. Don't provide wrong or miss spelled info.
Don't show up 2 hours early and get upset when they take the current appointments.

. Final thoughts.
If you follow the above advice and have good skin and fingertips to be printed, you will be done in 5 minutes.
It will take longer and hold up the rest of the people waiting if you are not prepared.

Hope this helps. Not trying to be rude, just factual.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scott B. »

You can also just pay via the portal when you set your appointment and save the hassle.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

hitwsr

Post by hitwsr »

I don't believe IdentoGo is able to take a pre payment over the phone for LTC prints.
I have had students try and pre pay or use a coupon code for LTC prints and were not able to.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”