I am looking for a skilled reloader

Holsters and firearms-related gear and accessories, reloading equipment & supplies, ammo

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

WildBill
Posts in topic: 6

Re: I am looking for a skilled reloader

Post by WildBill »

One thing that a skilled reloader knows is to gradually work up new loads that use new components.
Not to do so is foolish and dangerous.
This is not possible with six bullets.
Last edited by WildBill on Mon May 01, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

RSX11
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RSX11 »

Here's an interesting article on casting and shooting argent ammunition. Simmary - it's hard to do and the results aren't all that great.

http://www.hurog.com/articles/silver/si ... lets.shtml

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Pugamus wrote:I am going to carry one if not 2 in my revolver and have others in my speed realoaders. I may have one for display purposes. I just need someone to be crazy enough to load them properly.
Frankly, I think this DOES sound crazy, and I'm wondering if you're a troll or not. It would be unsafe (to you) to fire these bullets in your gun, and you want to carry your gun loaded that way? No thanks. And by the way, I haven't seen yet where you've offered to indemnify the person who would load these for you, absolving them of any responsibility for the results of your firing those silver bullets when your gun blows up in your hand. Heck, I could do this.......I have the dies and the press, and even the powder and primers, but there's no way I'd do it. Not in a million years.

Your carry gun is a tool, not a showpiece, and it strikes me as kind of frivolous to have "show off bullets" which are essentially items of jewelry in a carry gun which might be used for deadly force.......not to mention having to explain your use of silver bullets to a jury in the unfortunate event that you successfully shoot someone with them .....if you miraculously avoid blowing your fingers off. So good luck with this.
:tiphat:

:iagree:

If the OP is not a troll, he will have a very difficult time finding someone to do this. There is a reason (besides the price of silver) that this is not a common practice. If they were only dummy rounds used for display, or presentation, that's one thing, but actually loading and carrying them, like the Lone Ranger, seems slightly off kilter. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Lambda Force wrote:
If it's for werewolves, maybe something like the Glaser safety slug would work, but with silver shot instead of lead. Maybe a mix of silver shot and iron shot would be effective for weres and Fae if that's a worry.
Ooo! Ooo! And a piece of wood (Blessed perhaps?) for vampires!

Return to “Holsters, Accessories, Reloading Equipment & Supplies”