I am looking for a skilled reloader

Holsters and firearms-related gear and accessories, reloading equipment & supplies, ammo

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

WildBill
Posts in topic: 6

Re: I am looking for a skilled reloader

Post by WildBill »

I don't think the OP is intending to shoot the silver bullets. Otherwise he would want more than xix.
Previous posts have talked about the high melting point of silver compared to lead.
I don't know if he considered what type of mold to use. I think it would be difficult to cast a hollow point.
That said the hollowing could be done on a lathe
If I were going to make a presentation cartridge I would machine the entire cartridge out of silver
and then plate the case portion with gold. That would look stunning.
NRA Endowment Member

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bigtek »

How often would you have to polish silver bullets? I used to help mom polish the silverware for the holidays and it wasn't hard work but it took a while.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

bigtek wrote:How often would you have to polish silver bullets? I used to help mom polish the silverware for the holidays and it wasn't hard work but it took a while.
I was just thinking the same thing. Silver does tarnish. Maybe this might be a better option. They are inexpensive too.

http://store.technoframes.com/wp-conten ... lstore.jpg
NRA Endowment Member

flechero

Post by flechero »

bigtek wrote:How often would you have to polish silver bullets? I used to help mom polish the silverware for the holidays and it wasn't hard work but it took a while.
But that's bare silver... no treatment since you eat with it. I think you can wax it after polishing, and it will hold the shine a long time.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I'd rather have a silver sword then you never run out of ammo as you slay many a werewolf...silver bullets, meh...

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WildBill wrote:I don't think the OP is intending to shoot the silver bullets. Otherwise he would want more than xix.
Previous posts have talked about the high melting point of silver compared to lead.
I don't know if he considered what type of mold to use. I think it would be difficult to cast a hollow point.
If I were going to make a presentation cartridge I would machine the entire cartridge out of silver
In his OP, Pugamus said:
I am interested in paying someone for their reloading services. I am looking for 6 pure silver .357 magnum rounds to be reloaded in a nickel plated case. As close to defensive ammo specifications (preferably to Hornady specs). I can get you the ounces of silver necessary for hollow point castings. Or l can have the billets ordered for you. All you would have to do is reload them in virgin cases. If you're interested in exploring this please let me know via email.
That implies powder and a primer. If it is for display purposes only, there's no need to prime the case, or charge it with powder.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
WildBill wrote:I don't think the OP is intending to shoot the silver bullets. Otherwise he would want more than xix.
In his OP, Pugamus said:
I am interested in paying someone for their reloading services. I am looking for 6 pure silver .357 magnum rounds to be reloaded in a nickel plated case. As close to defensive ammo specifications (preferably to Hornady specs). I can get you the ounces of silver necessary for hollow point castings. Or l can have the billets ordered for you. All you would have to do is reload them in virgin cases. If you're interested in exploring this please let me know via email.
That implies powder and a primer. If it is for display purposes only, there's no need to prime the case, or charge it with powder.
You are correct. I don't know why he would want to do it, but his statement does imply that he wishes to shoot this ammo.
I am a "skilled reloader", but I would not do this for him. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

boxermoose

Post by boxermoose »

Coonan used to sell a silver bullet & stake kit, which I believe is disco'd, but you can probably find a resale one. IIRC .357 and .45apc

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

http://www.bulletforge.com/calibers.php

Says they are inert but can be reloaded to be fired.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

gtolbert09 wrote:http://www.bulletforge.com/calibers.php

Says they are inert but can be reloaded to be fired.
:thumbs2: Not the same as Hornady, but wow, they are expensive!
Six cartridges cost as much as I paid for my Colt Python.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
Pugamus
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pugamus »

I can purchase loose bullets for realoads from this one site but need someone to load them for me. The website will give you info on how to load them if you let them know you're going to reload them as live rounds. It is 60 dollars per bullet. So if someone is interested in loading them send me a pm.

Topic author
Pugamus
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pugamus »

I am going to carry one if not 2 in my revolver and have others in my speed realoaders. I may have one for display purposes. I just need someone to be crazy enough to load them properly.

rsq163

Post by rsq163 »

I might be really ignorant on this , so please forgive me in advance. Why would you load some in your carry pistol? Are they ballistically superior some how? I understand an empty silver bullet for a display, but I dont understand a "hot" silver round in a carry pistol.

Wouldnt adamantanium be a better choice than silver?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pugamus wrote:I am going to carry one if not 2 in my revolver and have others in my speed realoaders. I may have one for display purposes. I just need someone to be crazy enough to load them properly.
Frankly, I think this DOES sound crazy, and I'm wondering if you're a troll or not. It would be unsafe (to you) to fire these bullets in your gun, and you want to carry your gun loaded that way? No thanks. And by the way, I haven't seen yet where you've offered to indemnify the person who would load these for you, absolving them of any responsibility for the results of your firing those silver bullets when your gun blows up in your hand. Heck, I could do this.......I have the dies and the press, and even the powder and primers, but there's no way I'd do it. Not in a million years.

Your carry gun is a tool, not a showpiece, and it strikes me as kind of frivolous to have "show off bullets" which are essentially items of jewelry in a carry gun which might be used for deadly force.......not to mention having to explain your use of silver bullets to a jury in the unfortunate event that you successfully shoot someone with them .....if you miraculously avoid blowing your fingers off. So good luck with this.
:tiphat:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

If it's for werewolves, maybe something like the Glaser safety slug would work, but with silver shot instead of lead. Maybe a mix of silver shot and iron shot would be effective for weres and Fae if that's a worry.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

Return to “Holsters, Accessories, Reloading Equipment & Supplies”