SOLD: Hexmag Gen 1 30 rd FDE AR15 magazines, set of 10

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
strogg
Posts in topic: 2

SOLD: Hexmag Gen 1 30 rd FDE AR15 magazines, set of 10

Post by strogg »

After CNN made some good points in their unbiased NRA townhall, I've decided to get rid of all of my AR15s and magazines...

That was supposed to be a joke, but reading it again, I got sick to my stomach. I'll still leave it there. Maybe someone with a twisted mind would think it's funny. I'm actually getting rid of these mags because in my magazine-ammo world, all 300 blk ammo goes into FDE colored magazines so I don't mix up AR calibers. And I'm working on newer, fatter subsonic loads, which don't work too well in any AR15 mag because the fat part of the bullet would taper in on the ribbing inside the magazine, causing rounds to bind up completely at the feed lips. So with my subsonic 300 blk loads, my current mags are pretty useless. Normally, with any other magazine, you'd just file down the ribbing so they don't bind up anymore. I can't. It's actually part of the magazine structure. Welp, I got no use for them anymore. I'm going to instead pick up some different FDE mags in larger quantities to make up the deficit. Other than that, they work great with .223/5.56 and heavily tapered .300 blk rounds. For kicks, I loaded them up with .458 SOCOM... Um, I wouldn't recommend it. Rounds started flying out just tapping the magazines on carpet. I'd stick with PMAGs and USGI mags for .458 rounds.

SOLD
Last edited by strogg on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTS: Hexmag Gen 1 30 rd FDE AR15 magazines, set of 10

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Color coding. Smart move! :thumbs2:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WTS: Hexmag Gen 1 30 rd FDE AR15 magazines, set of 10