Login "Remember me"

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Login "Remember me"

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Keith B wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:39 pm
AF-Odin wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:15 am Sorry Keith, but my browser cache does not clear upon exit. Other sites (Glock Talk, AR15,com, Midway, Tractor Supply) have no trouble with remember me.
I didn’t say that was your issue, just that it will cause it. Not sure why many are having issues. My Apple products are working correctly.
I'm wall to wall apple, and I'm having the problem tool.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigGuy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:33 pm
AF-Odin wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:15 am Sorry Keith, but my browser cache does not clear upon exit. Other sites (Glock Talk, AR15,com, Midway, Tractor Supply) have no trouble with remember me.
I didn’t say that was your issue, just that it will cause it. Not sure why many are having issues. My Apple products are working correctly.
Mac Guy here too. Started having problems last week.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:33 pm
Hmmm. Not sure. It’s something Charles will have to check into.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

I described my problem with it (Windows 10 + Chrome, two machines, plus a Chromebook) after the first major outage but before the last, including some steps at diagnostics. Still happening exactly the same way. If I close the browser tab, I have to log-on again. If I keep the forum open in a browser tab, after about two or three hours of inactivity it logs me off.

It isn't a massive problem, but I do find myself visiting the forum much less often because of it. I'm not a fan of password management systems, and I always use very strong passwords, and never the same password twice. So it is a bit of a pain having to reauthenticate constantly. But on the bright side, the forum is working!
:tiphat:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Rafe wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:44 pm I described my problem with it (Windows 10 + Chrome, two machines, plus a Chromebook) after the first major outage but before the last, including some steps at diagnostics. Still happening exactly the same way. If I close the browser tab, I have to log-on again. If I keep the forum open in a browser tab, after about two or three hours of inactivity it logs me off.

It isn't a massive problem, but I do find myself visiting the forum much less often because of it. I'm not a fan of password management systems, and I always use very strong passwords, and never the same password twice. So it is a bit of a pain having to reauthenticate constantly. But on the bright side, the forum is working!
:tiphat:
Similar issue here. I used to login completely automatically on my Mac. Now, I have to click in the username box. At this point my Mac remembers my userID and PW. I just have to click again. Not a big problem.
My iPhone is a different story. I have to manually put in the user name and PW. As I use complex PWs with upper and lower case characters, numbers, and special characters, it can be a pain in the keister. So I just don't check the forum unless I'm at home on the laptop.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

Not an expert but it may have something to do with whether you are accessing the site using http: instead of https:.
http.png
http.png (4.63 KiB) Viewed 9010 times
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Mojo 84,
I think you broke the code. I deleted my old favorite bookmark and reloaded with the https address and it seems to be working. Have tried closing and reopening 3 times and seems ok
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

AF-Odin wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:06 pm Mojo 84,
I think you broke the code. I deleted my old favorite bookmark and reloaded with the https address and it seems to be working. Have tried closing and reopening 3 times and seems ok
Me too - thanks, Mojo!

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I think he is on to something there. My bookmark for the site uses https and I have not had any problems with being logged out.

tool4daman

Post by tool4daman »

MOJO- You're a genius! I'd make you an officer in this man's army if it weren't such a waste of a good enlisted man...

Seriously- I did that and it worked. Thanks for figuring it out.
Best advice I was ever given- Don't mess with the dog while he's eatin'.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Yep, that did it for me too. It looks like Charles needs some kind of URL redirection script, maybe in the .htaccess file.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Man; I never even thought of that. I'm just too used to sites forcing SSL redirect if they have a certificate, which most do nowadays. I just thought TXCHL didn't have a cert so never tried it. :???:

I'm kinda betting it remembers me next time I come back.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
FrogFan

Post by FrogFan »

Well, I don't know about the technical details, but changing my bookmark to "https" from "http" worked for me, too. Thanks!

QB

Post by QB »

Neither my cell phone nor computer will remember me for this forum.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

QB wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:07 pm Neither my cell phone nor computer will remember me for this forum.
Yeah we are all trying to forget.

Just kidding you know you are one my favorites. :hurry:

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”