Interesting observation of who's online

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Interesting observation of who's online

Post by RoyGBiv »

I've tried to help a couple of new members (transplants, but gun people) get through the registration process, but, there seems to be a complete lockdown on not only new registrations but on password resets for old, long time members as well..

Not having Mr Cottons active participation and not having him hand off some of the Admin chores is definitely draining participation from this place.

Probably the most sorely missed activity has been his following and reporting on pending Texas legislation during sessions...

I love TSRA but, they haven't done well filling the void on this from a communication standpoint.... I do have faith that TSRA is doing the work and fighting the fight, just not hearing about it as clearly as it was discussed here...
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by puma guy »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:34 pm I've tried to help a couple of new members (transplants, but gun people) get through the registration process, but, there seems to be a complete lockdown on not only new registrations but on password resets for old, long time members as well..

Not having Mr Cottons active participation and not having him hand off some of the Admin chores is definitely draining participation from this place.

Probably the most sorely missed activity has been his following and reporting on pending Texas legislation during sessions...

I love TSRA but, they haven't done well filling the void on this from a communication standpoint.... I do have faith that TSRA is doing the work and fighting the fight, just not hearing about it as clearly as it was discussed here...
:iagree:
I always used the Texas firearms coalition website as a backup, but it's very understandable that Charles is way to legislature updates busy to do updates.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

I just checked and there are 224 online now at 6:49 am. 4 are registered, including me and 220 guests.
I normally get on early in the am, especially in the summer. Since I am in the a/c business, summer scrolling is at a minimum but I almost always check it out first thing in the am. Running a little late this morning but still here. :mrgreen:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

At the bottom of the forum index page....

If Hammertime is still the newest member, we haven't had a new member in nearly 2.5 years...

dlh

Post by dlh »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:02 am At the bottom of the forum index page....

If Hammertime is still the newest member, we haven't had a new member in nearly 2.5 years...

Wow! Did not know. Good find. Perhaps it is because we have won so many battles here in Texas--conceal carry--open carry---pro-Second Amendment supporters in our Governor and Attorney General. But, we still have huge fights on our hands at the national level. I say--the mo members the mo better!
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

dlh wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:35 pm Wow! Did not know. Good find. Perhaps it is because we have won so many battles here in Texas--conceal carry--open carry---pro-Second Amendment supporters in our Governor and Attorney General. But, we still have huge fights on our hands at the national level. I say--the mo members the mo better!
New members are applying but the approval process is turned off...

I'll not point fingers and I still don't know the underlying "Why?".. other than to say that I have inquired and received polite replies.

Be sure not to forget your password... since password reset follows a similar process.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:15 pm New members are applying but the approval process is turned off...

I'll not point fingers and I still don't know the underlying "Why?".. other than to say that I have inquired and received polite replies.

Be sure not to forget your password... since password reset follows a similar process.
Is this the procedure new members are still following? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=100087

I admit that I encouraged someone to join several months ago, but I haven't checked back with them and I haven't seen them on the forum.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Rafe wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:53 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:15 pm New members are applying but the approval process is turned off...

Is this the procedure new members are still following? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=100087

I admit that I encouraged someone to join several months ago, but I haven't checked back with them and I haven't seen them on the forum.

I belive yes.

polekitty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by polekitty »

Well it took well over a month to finely get a response and get my password reset. Where the heck is everybody?
Only 3 members online?

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

Let me apologize to all of those having trouble. Mr. Cotton is covered up with the NRA and there is only so much that us Moderators can do. Please be patient a little longer.

polekitty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by polekitty »

Not your fault. I’m sure it will work itself out.

Thanks

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

polekitty wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:56 am Not your fault. I’m sure it will work itself out.

Thanks
Thank you.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”