Valid Signs

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

dicion
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Valid Signs

Post by dicion »

I like to think that all businesses actually know the law, and are intentionally posting a gun-busters sign, or other non-compliant sign, to inform Bad Guys that Their Illegal guns are not welcome there. While intentionally not banning legal concealed carry, because they know we're the Good Guys! :thumbs2:

After all, if they really were actually serious about preventing carry of weapons into their establishment, they would at least take a cursory glance to the laws required to do so, and at most, post a metal detector and security guard at every door!

Anything less than either of the 2 above means, to me, that they really don't actually care, and probably just put up the sign as part of a corporate feel-good signage program, or because they came in the pack of their "Franchise Business Kit" from the franchise owner...

If I'm expected to know, and follow the laws to the T as a pro-gunny, I fully expect the anti's to do the same.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 6

Post by WildBill »

dicion wrote:I like to think that all businesses actually know the law, and are intentionally posting a gun-busters sign, or other non-compliant sign, to inform Bad Guys that Their Illegal guns are not welcome there. While intentionally not banning legal concealed carry, because they know we're the Good Guys! :thumbs2:
I would like to think that too, but I think most people just don't know.
NRA Endowment Member

dicion

Post by dicion »

WildBill wrote:
dicion wrote:I like to think that all businesses actually know the law, and are intentionally posting a gun-busters sign, or other non-compliant sign, to inform Bad Guys that Their Illegal guns are not welcome there. While intentionally not banning legal concealed carry, because they know we're the Good Guys! :thumbs2:
Ignorance is bliss..... for us in this case at least! :tiphat:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

dicion wrote:
WildBill wrote:
Ignorance is bliss..... for us in this case at least! :tiphat:
That's small comfort. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

GrayGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by GrayGuy »

WildBill wrote:
GrayGuy wrote:So, then, what’s to be gained by going into an establishment with an illegal 30.06 sign. As I said in my first post, “This makes for a very bad day.”
What's to be gained is being legally armed and able to defend yourself if the need arises. Since you are legal, there is really no downside. In the context of this thread, I thought of some more ways that you might "feel foolish", but would "make for a very bad day."

Let's say that you are carrying, concealed of course, and you want to go to the local store to pick up some milk. You drive to the store, park the car next to a police car, get out and walk up to the front door. You see a gunbuster [not valid 30.06] sign. What do you do so you don't feel foolish?

1. Since you don't want to go past an invalid sign you go back to the car. While you are taking your gun out of the holster to put it in your glove box, you expose it to the cop parked next to you.

Do you feel foolish when the LEO arrests you for failure to conceal?

2. You walk back from your car and enter the store unarmed. While you are shopping a BG comes in to rob the place. He shoots the owner, empties the cash register, and then shoots you.

Assuming you aren't dead, do you feel foolish for leaving your gun in the car and seeing the shop owner killed and you with a bullet wound?

3. After shopping, you walk back to your car and see a window smashed and your gun has been taken out of your car.

Do you feel foolish for leaving your gun in the car when you didn't have to?

4. You walk back to your car and see a the window smashed. Then you notice that a BG has your gun and is pointing it at you demanding your car keys.

Do you feel foolish now?
So Bill tell me what if it was a valid 30.06 sign, I would feel just as foolish?

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

GrayGuy wrote:So Bill tell me what if it was a valid 30.06 sign, I would feel just as foolish?
If it was a valid sign then you would be following the law. IMO, nobody should feel foolish for following the law. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

jester

Post by jester »

You could feel foolish for not shopping somewhere else.
"There is but one correct answer...and it is best delivered with a Winchester rifle."

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”