Need a texaschlforum.com iPhone application

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

terryg
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Need a texaschlforum.com iPhone application

Post by terryg »

Sorry - I misunderstood Hoi's post. She was referring directly to an iPhone app - not a mobile version of the forum.
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Hoi Polloi
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Hoi Polloi »

I don't really care how it is done--just making it easier to read and respond on a mobile device would be fabulous.
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PUCKER »

iPhone 3 here, reading and staying logged into this forum is no issue, even have the "active topics" link bookmarked as an icon/app on one of the screens. Replying/posting is a little difficult/time-consuming, but it works. A mobile-only version would definitely be nice, but beggars cannot always be choosers.... :tiphat:

GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

I clicked on a link to a different forum on my iPhone and a page popped up telling me about Tapatalk. When I found out it existed, I immediately came to TCHLF to see if it worked here. After about 10 minutes of struggling with the small screen, I finally got the laptop up to finish the job. The problem is that my company tracks my computer activities and they are about as anti-gun as they get and I don't want any more trouble on the topic. (I'll be flushing my browser history before I go back to work.)

On the other hand, the iPhone is for fun and personal use. I use it almost exclusively when not doing work. Having an iPhone app (or a mobile-friendly version of the forum, or an off-the-shelf forum reader app that worked) would definitely increase my involvement in the forum.

This is the ONE forum that I'd like to be involved with. I lament my lengthy absence and look forward to an iPhone-friendly way to get back involved. Maybe such a change would also add to the richness of this great forum by bringing others here (or back)...

Thanks,
GH

Texas_Tactical

Post by Texas_Tactical »

GlockenHammer wrote:I clicked on a link to a different forum on my iPhone and a page popped up telling me about Tapatalk. When I found out it existed, I immediately came to TCHLF to see if it worked here. After about 10 minutes of struggling with the small screen, I finally got the laptop up to finish the job. The problem is that my company tracks my computer activities and they are about as anti-gun as they get and I don't want any more trouble on the topic. (I'll be flushing my browser history before I go back to work.)

On the other hand, the iPhone is for fun and personal use. I use it almost exclusively when not doing work. Having an iPhone app (or a mobile-friendly version of the forum, or an off-the-shelf forum reader app that worked) would definitely increase my involvement in the forum.

This is the ONE forum that I'd like to be involved with. I lament my lengthy absence and look forward to an iPhone-friendly way to get back involved. Maybe such a change would also add to the richness of this great forum by bringing others here (or back)...

Thanks,
GH
:iagree:

pcgizzmo

Post by pcgizzmo »

Mods, can't we do something like this? It seems that Charles thought about it but came across some security issues or something. Forum Runner and Taptalk are two things that will do this. Do both have the security issues? If it's a money thing I would be willing to contribute some and I'm sure others might consider it as well.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Not a money thing, but an issue with bugs and security holes in the software.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”